PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
For the past two years, I've maintained a "Holy Grail" list of specific, primarily British-made shapes. With the recent additon of a Dunhill CK, I realized that I now have a seven day set of of classic British Rhodesians and Authors.
Here's the full set, from Top to Bottom:
Sasieni Ashford Ruff-Root

Dunhill CK (1971)

GBD 9438 Virgin

GBD 9242 New Standard

Comoys 284 Tradition

Comoys 498 Extraordinaire

Comoys 499 Extraordinaire

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Very cool. As I was prepping for pipe club tonight I realized that I have a Peterson 7 day set now. There are some real beauties there. I too love a rhodesian.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Al:
That's a by God stunning collection of classic English briar.
I've enjoyed your acquisitions, restorations and pride in ownership vicariously. Thank you for documenting this journey and sharing one swell photograph.
Fnord

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thanks guys, it's fun to have a British section were like-minds can appreciate those marques.
I'm hoping for an improvement soon in my photos. I've been using an old, digital point & shoot compact. My wife has a DSLR Canon but no Macro lens. I was going to get a Macro lens for it, as it seems a shame to not use it. But, I keep buying pipes instead... However, a photographer friend recently told me about using an extension tube on our standard lens. I have one on order, it was less than $20 delivered. I'm curious as to what it can do.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
ssjones:
I like your idea of the list, and will have to make (and fulfill) one myself. As for the pipes, they are all lovely; however, as I gazed at them I could distinctly hear the Comoys 284 Tradition calling my name!

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
What a great, great set of pipes. I know how long it took to map out your plan and then find these beauties, and I admire your patience. Well worth it! Congratulations on a wonderful achievement. If they were mine I honestly don't know which I'd reach for first; they're all incredible specimens.
But there's no Barling! Who said there are only seven days in the week? I think there's a rare Family Era Barling Author on eBay right now...

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Great collection for a great guy. Congrats on that recent Dunny score as well, Al. Stoked for you on that and the 7 day set being complete! Now go enjoy them!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Uh Al I hate to tell you this but now that you took your pics and all, I am going to be needing my 71 CK Dunnie back . No hurry but go ahead and a send her home !! :D
Beautiful collection Al . Proud for you my friend . :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.