PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
You can expect that kind of crap :wink: with the Daily Mail, but the BBC also reported this.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Gee, my day doesn't seem so bad now!
jay-roger.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
In case one wants to read but not hit that site:
Mr Smith, who is raising funds to fix his broken window, wrote that he was on a Tinder date with the woman and they went back to the shared house he lives in.

"We'd had a really nice evening," he said. "We'd had a meal at a well-known chicken restaurant, had a few beers and then gone back to mine for a bottle of wine and a film."
After the fire service had "composed themselves," Mr Smith said they set to work freeing his date from the window

He said the woman went to the toilet and when she came back she had a "panicked look in her eye" and told him what she had done.

He said the toilet window opened into a narrow gap separated by another double glazed window.

"It was into this twilight zone that my date had thrown her poo," he said.

He went to find a hammer to smash the window, but she decided to "climb in head first" after the "offending package" and became jammed.

"I was starting to grow concerned, so I called the fire brigade and once they had composed themselves, they set to work removing her from the window."
The "offending package" was trapped between two "non-opening" double glazed windows

Although the woman was rescued unharmed, Mr Smith said his bathroom window was destroyed.

"I'm not complaining, they did what they had to do," he said.

"Problem is, I've been quoted north of £300 to replace the window and as a postgraduate student, that is a significant chunk of my monthly budget."

Mr Smith originally set a crowdfunding target of £200, but has already raised more than £1,200.

He said he and his date had decided to split the extra cash between two charities, one supporting firefighters and another that builds and maintains flushing toilets in developing countries.

Unsurprisingly, the woman does not want to be named but Mr Smith said he had seen her since and "who knows what the future holds".

"We had a lovely night on the second date but it's too early to say if she's the one. But we got on very very well and she's a lovely girl," he said.

"And we've already got the most difficult stuff out of the way first."

Avon Fire and Rescue service confirmed it had received a call and freed a woman trapped between external and double glazing.

It also confirmed that a "window was broken in the process".

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
What the hell is that window even for? Is that the bathroom's only ventilation? And if so, what happens if the occupant of the opposing apartment has to use the ol' thunder jug at the same time? You have a pleasant can-to-can conversation?

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
If my math is correct, they have 1/5 of the US population packed onto about 1/40 of the land mass.
All that extra crawl space adds up!
jay-roger.jpg

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Well, by all means, let's fill it up to overflowing as fast as we possibly can. I'm so tired of not being packed up tighter than downtown Mumbai.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I gotta level with ya- just watching that makes my skin crawl. I have to give them credit, though. They seem to do it in a very calm and orderly fashion!

Status
Not open for further replies.