PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
Hey folks, i have an unsmoked Britannia straight billard 5005 Dragoon. I saw info saying this brand is second/subrand to Charatan, also read that the Britannia was a second/subrand to Comoys.Does anyone here what second od subrand this brand (BRITANNIA) is?
thanks.
Mike.

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
Pipedia says they were a Comoy second at one time but this has been added:
Britannia Pipes are making a comback after a long absence. Traditional English Shapes offered with large bowls. Excellent value for the Dunhill smoker who just doesn't want to pay for it. After all a Dunhill of similar size would be 10 times the price! Says PipesandCigars.com.
Britannia pipes are made under contract by the largest pipe maker in London. These pipes represent an exceptional value in English made briars! Says CupO'Joes.com.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
I was thinking about selling the pipe,however i may just keep it. It is a nice pipe,i have forgotten how i aquired the pipe.I thought that Dunhill pipe smokers like the Parker Pipes.Thanks jkenp.
Mike.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a Britannia, and I have a Parker, and believe me, the Britannia is better. The Parker is no turkey,

but for light weight aged briar, graceful design, and fine craftsmanship, Britannia is the pipe. I say,

definitely keep it.
Dunhill is paranoid and cagey about its "seconds." If they have any actual seconds, I think the cut is made

at the raw materials end. I don't see any shapes or finish among the "seconds suspect" brands that look

like they were Dunhill's that got shifted off the shipping floor. I haven't smoked a Dunhill, but if they smoke

as well as the Britannia, that would be good enough.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Who Made That Pipe has two listings, one for "Britannia Pipe", and the other for "Britannia". Both are listed as having been made by Comoy.
Pipephil also lists Britannia as a Comoy product. They show two different shank logos. One logo is a trident and the other logo is a joined pair of letters consisting of a backwards "R" attached to a "B". Britannia was a line of pipes, which had its own sub-brand, Barrister, not to be confused with the Barrister pipes made in France.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
Thanks guys,i think i will keep her.My Britannia has the backward "R" attached to the letter "B". The pipe is very light given the size of the pipe. I think it would be a good smoker.
Mike.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012

Hey guys here is a pic(s) of my Britannia 5005 DRAGOON Straight billard.Sorry for the poor pics.
Mike.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
Sorry for the poor quality of the pics.Iam glad to haer that it should smoke every bit as good as aa Dunhill.
Mike.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
Do any of you guys know what this pipe would sale for? It is unsmoked (new). Just curious.
Mike.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
With a relatively unknown make it's hard to know what the market would be. Just for fun I did a search of completed auctions for this brand on ebay. The average price for a successful sale is in the $20-25 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.