PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Anyone have experience with these? I was poking around the pipeguys website and found this:

http://thepipeguys.com/product/the-brunswick-set-smooth-acorn/
Since I keep getting friends asking me about starter sets that aren't corn cob pipes...
But I'm curious if anyone has had experience with Bristol.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
I haven't got any experience with the pipes, but I've seen them sold for $50-60 elsewhere. While the extras and the package is nice, I'd say it's it's not cheap.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
It looks like the pipes are in the 50-70 MSRP range. So the "package" is reasonable I think. Just curious on the quality of the pipe - your comment about the Wessex Classic is helpful though since its same brand.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's not a bad deal. Just as a point of discussion, I wonder if a new pipe smoker would gain by picking out

individual items. The wood box and pouch aren't strictly needed just setting out. A pipe nail will do nicely

instead of a Czech tool, for a student or someone on a budget. Two ounces of bulk could get one started.

And if this saved some money, it could be put into the pipe itself. Not quibbling here, but just thinking

it over. Considering each item as you go is a good thing. The kit is a few more items than you need

before you even decide this is an ongoing interest. Still, if someone was given the kit, or bought it, it might

give them a good start. Personally, I'm glad I started out piecemeal, ala carte, so I considered each item.

Then I just went ahead and bought too much stuff anyway! Let's be honest here.

Status
Not open for further replies.