PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I worked with a guy for years and never knew he was a pipe smoker as he never smoked at work. We had many wonderful BS sessions about hunting, fishing as well as pipes and tobacco. We traded a lot of smoking material and I gave him a few pipes. Well a couple of years ago he retired and moved to Kansas and I lost that enjoyable friend. I have found two new fellas at work who are trying to move away from the nails and they both expressed interest in pipe smoking. I told them I'd help them all I could. They both bought cobs to start and I have given them some tobacco. Today I brought some cleaned up older pipes I've rotated out of my collection. I told them to pick one out and that the first one was on me. I am thrilled to have the chance to help these guys get off on the right foot. I'll try to do all of you proud in the mentoring of two totally new pipers. I will send them this way if they are so inclined. Thank you

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
That is great mustanggt. You done good!
We just had a party at our place for the kids 23rd birthday. All of his friends were over. As the party was ending one of them was hanging back and asked about my pipes. He left with a cob and some baccy samples, a tamper and cleaners. I gave him the quick and dirty on packing, lighting, etc. and we smoked before he left.
One thing I admire about the pipe community is most are generous and willing. I hope they both enjoy the hobby and even make an appearance here. :)

kingbilliard

Lurker
Feb 13, 2015
Very nice of you. I think so many try a pipe but don't how to pack and smoke it they give up after burning tongue. Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.