PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Can I just go ahead and say if the one I have is any indication of their pipes as a whole, that Brigham Pipes are vastly underrated and one of the best smokes for the buck? I love this thing! It's fantastic every time. I'm going to have to get another one soon!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Quincy, I have one Brigham, a voyageur volcano shape, and it smokes great, both with and without the maple inserts. It is my rope tobacco/dark cigar tobacco pipe (black twist, brown boogie, dark birds eye, 1792 etc.).

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
That's part of the presidential series Freehands, right Jeremy? Those are beautiful pipes, Emerson's had a few of those at the time I bought my Brigham, but they were out of my price range at the time. Enjoy it, brother.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
Yea they're part of that series. They run about 120-170ish. It's a little pricey considering I was just getting started. But it was my first big pipe investment. Well worth it! What kind do you have?

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
I do have one dot and two dot brigham. they are both everyday pipe.

Well fit into pipe bag and with maple insert dry and sweet smoke ever.

I do heard P&C has a sale this month with a free tin tobacco under 50. It's way under rated.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Jeremy, look at my first post, it's a 1 dot voyageur. Cost me like 50 bones. Well worth it.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
I've got a Chinook. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a President one day, but I keep going back to the Chinook Canadian shape as my possible next one. However, if anyone isn't happy with one they have I'd totally talk to them about taking it off their hands :lol:

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
This is on my short list to acquire at the Chicago Pipe Show in about three weeks.

Wellington

Dec 31, 2012
I have 11 pipes and my two best smokers are both Brighams. I have a Italian made 2 dot algonquin (247) which is great, and I have an old Canadian made one dot apple shape, which is by far my best smoker, its amazing how it smokes considerably better than anything else I have. I love it. Ideally I'd like another couple Brighams in my collection, an Algonquin straight billiard and an a 26 of some sort, this guy is gorgeous right here

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Old Brighams are surprisingly hard to find from what I hear. People don't want to part with 'em. I have a bead on a few, but that's all I'm going to say. I don't need you clowns driving the price up on me!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I have several of the "made in Canada" Brighams. Of course, being Canadian we have wonderful access to all the flea markets, antique stores or yard sales where the old pipes still seem readily available if you're willing to do some leg work.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Well Ghost, if you ever feel generous and like sharing pick me up one and I will gladly reimburse you for it!

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I used to have a Brigham prince, got it at Eaton's department store in London, Ontario in the early 70s. Broke the stem and tossed it some years later...didn't think much about it at the time as it was a cheap pipe and not worth fixing, but sorry I did that now!

Feb 26, 2014
I too have wanted to try and date the Brighams I have but haven't been able to nail it down. I received one Brigahm in an estate lot from an old navy man who said the 3 pipes I bought from him were all purchased in the 1950's but to be honest I think his memory was failing...
I bought 4 other Brigahms at an estate auction; I can't imagine these pipes are any younger than the 1960's but again that's purely theoretical. I would love to know for sure what decade they were manufactured in. I know the brass pins in the stems denote in some way the level of quality and these all have 4 and 3 pins in the stems.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Old Brighams are surprisingly hard to find from what I hear
I have several of the "made in Canada" Brighams. Of course, being Canadian we have wonderful access to all the flea markets, antique stores or yard sales where the old pipes still seem readily available if you're willing to do some leg work.
Exactly right. I now have 9 Brigs. 5 of them are of the older style with metal tenon. Just super smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.