PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I read a great review of a Brigham pipe tobacco blend that made me want to place an order and upon visiting my favorite online retailers I noticed that several sites are out of stock of several blends and others don't even have some of the blends listed anymore.
Anyone catch wind of a shortage?...have some of the blends been discontinued?

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
Thanks for the links! Much appreciated.
SP does have four of the eight blends available, which is decent. P&C seems to have removed most of the blends from their site and currently only has two blends available. Same goes for 4Noggins, which also only has two blends listed. If my memory serves me well, once upon a time most retailers carried all eight blends.
After my initial post I did find just about the full lineup available over at Cup O'Joes!
I'm interested in trying out Hudson's Bay.
We're only four days into April and my monthly allowance is going to evaporate. :puffy:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Klondike Gold is an excellent blend.

I am well stocked with this one as well.

I'm not aware of a shortage or discontinuance but can't say for sure....sure hope not! :puffy:

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I believe all of the Brigham blends have been discontinued. I'm sure Rich and 4noggins or Russ at P&C can let us know for sure.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Oh, woe, oh, woe. I waited too long to stock Klondike Gold. I love that blend.
Those who wait, lose out.

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
I hope Pipestud isn't right that the whole line of blends have been discontinued, but just in case its time to go round out my cellar of Klondike Gold and add a couple Hudson's Bay and Acadian Blend to try. Maybe some Heritage Blend as well.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Thank you Guyrox. I never got to try the Murray's version of Royal Yacht so I'm gonna have to give this one a shot before the hysteria hits.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
I hope Pipestud isn't right that the whole line of blends have been discontinued
Hmm... Isn't there someone who works for Brigham, who has been active on the forum as recently as today, who does a radio show, who could shed a little light on the matter?

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I also heard that the someone who works for Brigham, who has been active on the forum as recently as today, who does a radio show, who could shed a light on the matter actually doesn't work for Brigham anymore either. :wink:
Piperumorstud

It's Brian's fault. He leaves to go make aromatics, and phhht, the whole company falls apart.
Actually, someone knew as early as last Monday. I was in The Briary, and someone called to order ALL of their Bringham tobaccos, which was wierd, because I am really the only person who buys it. So Skip asked me if I wanted him to leave me out a tin of Acadian and Klondike. I told him to let it all go, as I could wait for the next delivery. Dang, it looks like I may have missed out. I jave just six tins in the cellar. Oh well.

I wonder where people got word of this.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
After I read Pipestud's post I went to Smoking Pipes site and they had 23 tins of Klondike Gold. I was about to grab them all...but talked myself out of it. Four hours later I went back to grab them anyway...they were all gone. Thank you whomever you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.