PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpart67

Lurker
Jan 21, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
I'm still fairly new to buying used/estate pipes. I really enjoy the Brigham I restored and would like to pick up another as a small project. Just wondering, other than ebay and this forum, are there any other good places for me to look? So far those are really the only 2 I've been using. I just missed bidding on one on Ebay, it's been relisted but only with a "buy it now" price that does not reflect it's condition. Any help would be appreciated!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Finding estate pipes outside of eBay really depends on your location.
Here in Ontario, finding estate Brigham pipes is a regular occurrence for the savvy antique hunter. They show up in shops with good frequency. I often find them on local Craigslist/Kijiji sites.
For eBay trolling, make sure you're looking at eBay.ca as well as eBay.com. I've noticed that the app settings for eBay on my phone and iPad tend to reset themselves in my saved searches when I do app upgrades, so I'm constantly having to review my search parameters and make sure that I'm searching the right eBay sites.
Online e-tailers like Smokingpipes.com, mkelaw-pipes.com, smokershaven.com, viking club pipes and others will often have estate Brigham pipes listed; as will some of the larger B&Ms with online ordering websites.
Good luck with your search.
-- Pat

carpart67

Lurker
Jan 21, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Thank pruss. I'm not familiar with any of those sites and will keep an eye on them. I'm located in Nova Scotia. Proper tobacco shops aren't too prevalent here (They've just banned flavored tobacco from being sold in this province actually) So aside from swap type shops and personal sales I don't think there are a lot of options locally.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I'm located in Nova Scotia.
Watch kijiji (it's an online classified ad service) there is an estate pipe re-seller selling from NS and he/she posts pipes on kijiji regularly. If you have a smartphone, there is a kijiji app you can download.
Good luck!
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.