Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Brigham Coatings

(6 posts)
  1. alex87

alex87

Login to Send PM

Hey all, so i'm in the market for a new briar and have been really liking the looks of Brigham's...Also the local B&M has a fair selection.

However i remember reading a little while back that they were coating their bowls. Anyone have any experience with newer Brighams and their coatings? Would it be an option to remove the coating?

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Alex, you may find this thread helpful.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/ur-thoughts-on-brigham-pipes

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. brdavidson

brdavidson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have 2, my opinion may not be worth much, but I kind of like the coating. I have 3uncoated pipes & they're a pain to break in. The Brigham coating has built a nice even cake in very short time and I didn't notice any funky taste from it. I make get flamed to death for saying this, but I like the coating.

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have 6 or 7 Brigs mate. No problem with ANY of them. Some are new(within 2 yrs), others as old as 20 yrs or more. Each AND every one smokes perfectly. I have a range from the no dots(lower entry), all the way up to a 5 dot, I believe. I have not had a problem with the "coating" on the new ones at all. They all smoke great with, or without the filter. In fact, my 1 dot, Voyager #147, is actually my best smoker. I bought it new last yr sometime and I think I only paid $55.00 for it at a local B&M.

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 6 years ago #
  5. brdavidson

brdavidson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My Voyageur is one of my favourites too, I have the 129

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. alphaflux

alphaflux

Login to Send PM

I have 3 Brigham pipes. My Mountaineer has a putty like coating but my 2 Acadians have a fine powder coating where you can still see the wood grain.

I think, perhaps, the Italian made pipes (Voyageur, Algonquin and Mountaineer) have the putty coating and the French made one have a light powder coating. I felt a bit uneasy about the putty like coating on my Mountaineer but I didn't detect any significant issue during the break-in period.

FWIW, my break-in period experience with both types of coating was quick and enjoyable. And since I'm not a "power smoker" this is a feature I really like from Brigham pipes.

I enjoy my Acadian 65 so much that I bought a second one to give it some time to rest between smokes!

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ben88, newportpipe, danimalia, agnosticpipe, docrameous, cowboythunder, jiminks, armonts