PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclem

Lurker
Jul 13, 2013
Being relatively new(about a year) to the hobby I have wondered and not been able to find an answer to where do "brick and mortars" get their base tobaccos? I know some of the small shops take Lane blends and just rename them and call them house blends but I have a local tobacconist who actually blends his own tobaccos from start to finish and I know there are others like Boswell's and Milan who do this as well. So here is my question. Where do these shops get their base tobaccos from? My suspicion is my shop might buy their latakia and perhaps others tobaccos from McClelland but the owner is kind of a unique old guy and probably wouldn't tell me even if I asked. I also am not aware of the legality of this. Is it acceptable to buy McClelland, Cornell & Diehl, etc, base blends and add your own topping/casing and call it your blend? Thanks for any thoughts.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
You can buy tobacco and do whatever you want to it, once you've bought it, the company has made money, and their happy. My B&M simply renames McCellends blends. He could be getting his tobacco anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.