PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
Call out if you own BriarWorks Pipes, I'm interested in hearing reviews on them since my PAD is really dig'in their sandblasted Cutty designs -
briarworks-classicbrownsandblast.jpg

briarworks-classicdarksandblast.jpg

And here is a pretty looking smooth

briarworks-classicdarksmooth.jpg

Most of them seem to follow these specs, which work for me... :puffy:
Measurements & Other Details

Length: 6.33 in./160.78 mm.

Weight: 0.96 oz./27.22 g.

Bowl Height: 1.75 in./44.45 mm.

Chamber Depth: 1.43 in./36.32 mm.

Chamber Diameter: 0.72 in./18.29 mm.

Outside Diameter: 1.27 in./32.26 mm.

Stem Material: Acrylic

Filter: None

Shape: Cutty

Finish: Sandblast

Material: Briar

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
Having met Pete Prevost and enjoying his pipes for a few years, I love BriarWorks. However, I will warn you that several shapes in the newest classic release have bowls that are just too damn thin. Be aware of this as you look at this particular cutty. I have a classic C12 that I was unpleasantly surprised by how thin the walls were for the bowl.

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
I've got two from when they had a buy one get one offer maybe a year ago. Probably my favorites of my new pipes.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I have two Icarus pipes from a year and a half ago, and I find them to be fantastic smokers. The fit and finish is great, drilling spot on and the wall thickness is fine. Both are Dublin shapes, one is a short stem pipe and the other is a regular size. I don't know what their current pipes are like, but speaking for the pipes I have I love them!

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I bought a classic 111 what they call a bullcap ,me I call it a rhodesian but for the money I think it is very good,smokes well great grain pattern.

I would certainly by more if I was in USA and didnt get caught for import taxes

msjones99x

Lurker
Nov 15, 2017
I have a beautiful black rusticated acorn from BriarWorks and it is one of my favorite pipes. Smokes great & is balanced in the hand. I'm looking at another BW pipe right now.

headhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
I have a morta Danish Dog sorta thing with a yellow stem. I simply love it and smoke it many times a week. Fit and finish are right on. I’m getting a hankering for one of those Cuttys.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I prefer to have my pipes with an open draw, and BriarWorks pipes certainly do. I have four currently that are all in my regular rotation, and I plan to add more,
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.