Pipes Magazine » Pipe Repair and Maintenance

Tags:   

Briarville Your One Stop Shop For Meerschaum Repairs With Pictures!

(9 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by condorlover1
  • Latest reply from The Pipe Monk
  1. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have to say that finding a good guy or true craftsman to work on the sort of ancient meerschaum pipes I like to smoke is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. I have been messaged on several occasions by forum members asking my where to go for this type of work. My response has been that if you find a good one please let me know as I will give him all the work he could ever handle. Luckily while exchanging PM's with xrundog on the forum he suggested I give Ric a call at Briarville in Tennessee. I gave Ric a call and found him to be very friendly and incredibly knowledgable about the sub section of the antique market that I inhabit, namely meerschaum 'cutty' pipes. Satisfied I had by luck stumbled across the 'one' I had been looking for I sent him three pipes, one an elderly meerschaum 'cutty' with a butchered stem in a case, my day to day smoke everywhere 'cutty' in a case and a 'cutty' that was missing its stem I had picked up on Oi Vay for $25.00 and the results were beyond my wildest expectations as shown in pictures below.

I think the results speak for themselves and I heartily endorse this guy as a f*cking genius so give him all your meerschaum business since he is the best.

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. mranglophile

Mr. Anglophile

Login to Send PM

Those are really cool and well done.

Michael - Poulsb, WA

Pipes are not like cars. A Chevy cannot drive like a Mercedes, but the lowly Stanwell can smoke like the lofty Chonowitsch, even though the latter far exceeds the Stanwell in beauty, grain, and craftsmanship. It is the briar and not the brand. There is no place for elitism among pipe smokers. - Fred Hanna
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Genius indeed! Wow, that is some incredible work.

Al

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Magnificent.

Jason
    Posted 4 years ago #
  5. jkrug

jkrug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Excellent! Looks like he did a great job getting your pipes back into smoking condition.

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've had the opportunity to inspect these pipes up close and personal-like and the work is indeed flawless. "Good Enough" obviously isn't good enough for Ric.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. okiescout

okiescout

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Condor, I think I commented on that second pipe when you purchased it. It is truly a glorious example of meerschaum pipe art! If you should ever decide to thin it, this side of the grave, give me a shout.

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow."
    Benjamin Franklin
    Posted 4 years ago #
  8. tobyducote

NOLA Cajun

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow that's some great work

Posted 4 years ago #
  9. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Rick recently brought back 7 pipes for me from the grave.

3 CPF's, 1 GBD Prehistoric, 1 Wally Frank, 1 Meerschaum, 1 1970 LJ Peretti.

Here is the video showing the pipes.

YABO - Briarville and 7 Vintage Pipes

Same video on YouTube

Cheers,
    Chris

Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying, “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” One of the reasons behind this statement is that pipe smoking is meant to be a slow leisurely activity. It takes patience to smoke a pipe. Unlike cigarettes and cigars, there is a certain amount of technique to smoking a pipe. Where cigars and cigarettes can just be picked up, lit and puffed on, pipes require the development of a technique in order to get the best smoking experience.
    Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   spartan99, smudgersmissingleg, cshubhra, oldgeezersmoker, pitchfork, ashdigger, 3rdguy, marc75, rodo, yohanan