Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Via Email -
Briarlab a 2000 square foot collaborative pipe making studio, office and lounge located in Indianapolis, Indiana. We have six full- and part-time pipe makers working here at the moment with more being added monthly.
Our first annual briarlab "Open Lab" event (21 and over only, please) is an opportunity to come see the studio, meet the pipe makers, have some great food and maybe even walk away with some fantastic door prizes! The Open Lab will be held Saturday, July 25 between 2 PM and Midnight. The event is open to pipe makers and collectors alike, and we guarantee you'll have a great time!
The event will be held at the briarlab, which is located at:
5341 W. 86th Street

Building 7

Indianapolis, IN 46268
The lab is just three hours from Chicago, Columbus and Cincinnati, and just four hours from St. Louis, Detroit, and Nashville.
There are numerous hotels in the area with open rooms for that evening, all reasonably priced between $75 and $105 per night. If you would like a list of hotels with phone numbers, please let us know and we would be happy to provide that to you.
Door prizes for the Open Lab include limited-edition briarlab tins of tobacco from McClelland, cigars, Smoker's Haven tobacco tins, briarlab swag (hats, T-shirts and more), a Nate King pipe and a Lindner pipe. There will be a silent auction for more items as well (including pipes, tins, briar, pipe making supplies and more), and we can accept credit/debit cards on silent auction bids/donations.
We will have a full spread of food, as well as beer, wine and soft drinks available, all at no charge. Due to Indiana alcohol laws, we request that all attendees be 21 and over.
If you plan on attending, please RSVP by email and letting us know how many will be joining you. We look forward to hearing back from you and seeing you at the Open Lab!
info@briarlab.com
A special THANK YOU to our sponsors for the event – Smokingpipes.com, Pipes and Tobaccos Magazine, McClelland Tobacco, Vermont Freehand, Smoker's Haven, The Piperack, and many others!
Kind regards,

The briarlab staff

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
This event sounds like a good time, and Michael's interview with Brian a couple weeks back highlighted the interesting stuff that he and Nate are up to with Briar Lab.
It will be really fun to watch how this project evolves.
-- Pat

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
@hunter - they have been promoting this via social media for awhile now. That does not help though if you do not engage in that form of media.
I would love to go but am here working. And in Ohio. I would have slept in my truck though. haha

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I had a good time at the open house, talked with Nate King, Michael Lindner and several other members of the Briar Lab, as well as Premel Chedda from Smokers Haven. The shop is quite impressive and has every conceivable tool the pipe maker could poss. desire and then some. I left early due to family commitments, but the party is supposed to go until at least midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.