Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
We now have the pipe tobacco category set up on http://www.briarbid.com/.
The first 10 guys to list a tobacco (with at least one photo) and email me the listing will get a $10 credit on their account.
Keep in mind, the credit is with BriarBid, and doesn't cover you for buying anything from users that have listings on the site. It covers you for any site fees for making listings.
My email is:

email.gif

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Mine is up and email is sent. Let me know if you want it adjusted in any way.
http://www.briarbid.com/100800,auction_id,auction_details

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Thanks for adding this category, Kevin! It'll be interesting to see how this section differs from what we see on that other auction site in terms of offerings and pricing.
Bob

glpease

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 17, 2010
California
Kevin and I have been planning this for some time, in fact, since we first had the idea for BriarBid. There were things that needed to be put in place before we could add the tobacco category, and we've been working on getting that handled for a few months.
There are some important differences, things that set us apart from Brand E.
We're an auction site by pipesters for pipesters. We jumped through the labyrinth of fiery hoops with that certain payment company, so you won't have to. There is no need for disclaimers ('This auction is for the valuable package - the contents are not for consumption'), so you can just list your items. The listing form is designed to present information in a consistent way. Things like country of manufacture, age, tin condition and so on are radio buttons, so you just check the appropriate ones. Of course, the more descriptive your text, the more attention your auction will receive, but searches can be done on the attribute fields, so people can look for specific things. (I may continue to adjust these fields as thing progress, but the current working set seems to make sense, and covers most of the important stuff.)
And, our fees are lower.
And, we keep an eye on things to make sure junk doesn't end up on the site. If you want pipe screens or hookahs, you'll have to go back to that OTHER auction site...
-glp

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
GL
One request. Can you add a "bulk" option? When I was filling out the listing I did not see that as an option.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Thanks Kevin and GLPease! I will be making use of this feature when I get something to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.