PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Well, it is 15 degrees outside and being unable to smoke a pipe comfortably, I can still interact with them thanks to some downtime before my hockey game (Colorado @ Phoenix. Go Avs!).
My briar collection said shoot us "like one of your French girls."
savoscar-600x448.jpg

This Savinelli Oscar KS is the newest addition and quickly found its way into my top three favorites. I got this off eBay unsmoked and based on the oxidization of the stem I would guess it may have been a display case resident. The pipe was certainly unsmoked and it has some age to it. Very light and it smokes wonderfully.
czech-600x448.jpg

This no-name Czech bent rhodesian is the only pipe I have bought in-person. Picked it up at my local B&M (Prince Philip's) while turning in my Yello-Bole Chesterfield for a new stem. The grain color has gotten much darker from use though it is primarily on the underside.
petekillarney-600x448.jpg

My first Peterson, this ebony Kilarney is one I've yet to really "hit it off" with. I don't use it a whole lot except when I realize it has been passed over a few times. I usually smoke English blends from this one.
drgrandduke-600x448.jpg

The Dr. Grabow Grand Duke is one of my favorite go-to pipes when away from home. This was part of an estate lot and one of the few that was salvageable. Not much else I can say about it. It smokes well, it is dependable and easy enough on the eyes.
mtchurch-600x448.jpg

Mitchell & Thomas semi-churchwarden, I love this pipe. It isn't my favorite, but I think everyone should have one of these. The bowl is just the right size for sampling a blend or having a 20-30 minute smoke. It requires more relighting than I care for, but it is a nice change of pace from my bulkier pipes otherwise.
petedrac-600x448.jpg

I had to have one. I've seen some people negatively describe the Peterson Dracula as a "costume pipe," but I just really dug the design. I was not in love with the finish (the sandblasted ones are where it is at) but the stem spoke to me. It has the most smoke whisps I've seen on one and that sold it for me. I have not smoked this one at all. I wanted it mostly just as a collector's item since it is unsmoked and came with all it's original packaging.

ybchester-600x448.jpg

From the estate lot that got me started, this Yello-Bole Chesterfield is my favorite of all my briar children. It is well seasoned, smokes great and has a deep bowl. It was also the first to suffer significant damage. This pipe was originally a p-lip but it broke and I had to get a new stem. Still smokes well, even as a fishtail.

It is a modest collection, but it works well for my pipe smoking habit. I have an empty 12-pipe rack so there is still plenty of room to grow and no pipe smoker likes empty real estate on their shelf.
Keep puffin'

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
NIce rotation. I like the rhodesian, it looks like a comfortable pipe.
Here is mine, nothing fancy - some stanwells, sebastien beos, peterson, etc.

rotation-600x448.jpg

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I see you're a straight pipe guy. Those are some really nice looking pipes that look well maintained.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
That 1/8 bend isn't much. On a scale of straight to gay, the eighth bend would be "metrosexual."
I jest.
I need more straight pipes in my life. The empty 12-pipe rack in my cabinet will only accept straight pipes that are bowl down.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I thought the same thing when I saw it but figured maybe he was going to brew coffee while deciding on which one of his 15 pipes to smoke.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
what's up with the coffee beans and ... sugar?

It is baking soda. In my mind they help to keep the pipe odors in the drawer to a minimum.
And I guess I'm afraid to go full bent, but maybe I'm bend curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.