PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I just wanted to give a belated shout out to Mike at Briar Blues for something he did for our fledgling pipeclub the Lakeshore Smokestacks. Mike had contacted me a while back in regards to the club and hinted that he may have something up his sleeve for us. Early this week I received a package in the mail that included a 50gm tin of GL Pease Piccadilly and a 100gm tin of Comoy Cask #4 as well as a Caminetto 1990 Pipe of the Year. We'll raffle off the pipe at our year end meeting and open the tins for all members to enjoy at the meeting as well.
Once again, thanks Mike for the incredibly generous gift, Pat and I have some plans for the money we raise to make the club experience even better for our members. Here are some pictures.
Brian

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
The pictures suck, but the pipe is rather large but light as a feather. And yes a very generous man indeed.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Wow, what a great gesture. This forum ceases to amaze me on how generous our members are.

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
Very cool.. Mike seems like a great guy, I ordered a nice little Bjarne pipe from him not that long ago.. It is now my favorite pipe and usually accompanies while out and about.. :)

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Word of mouth or posting on a forum is the best advertising and Mike knows the business. I will always give two thumbs up for his excellent business practices and honesty. A very kind gesture and generous donation indeed.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is a very generous gift. Congrats Brian and kudos to you Mike for your wonderful acts of kindness. :clap:

starcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2013
I'm looking at their pipes, yea........

Briar Blues is now bookmarked.
SC

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
The man does it for the love of the pipe and nothing else, he is a businessman but he does not make his money off pipes, he is the man. A better one than I lol, I'd rather saw a hand off than clean that many pipes. The best pipe I own is from him and it is definitely not among the most expensive, can't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.