PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Mike is one of my favorite sellers and I wanted something to remind me of his excellent service and fair dealings. Rad is my favorite carver so this was a no brainier. This one seems a little darker than my Double Mahogany blasts from Rad. It's almost black. It could be the way the briar took the stain but I haven't seen one stained quite like this.
As I type this, I received an email from Rad:

HI Chris,
That one is Deep Red Mahogany. Double Mahogany is Deep Red Mahogany with a top stain of Red Mahogany, which brightens it up a bit. I hope you enjoy it!
Thank you Mike. When I fire this one up, the lifelong friendships you've made as a result of your love and dedication to our hobby will surely put a smile on my face.
Specs:

Length in inches - 5.6

Height in inches - 1.79

Bore in inches - .80

Weight in grams - 35
null_zpsd7754d43.jpg

null_zps3752d209.jpg

null_zpsb5198094.jpg

null_zps97a11b9c.jpg

null_zpsa785d530.jpg

null_zps53c827fb.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipe Chris, I am sure it will be a great smoker. I cannot decide which one I might grab, too many choices. When I first looked at them I was not crazy about the shape but the more I look at them the more it is growing on me.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Haha, Harris. I'll offer you the same deal as you did me. I'll buy it back smoked or unsmoked with shipping if it's is not your cup of tea. Lol.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
I got the email from BB and came here thinking Harris would have snatched one up.
I see that they have nice Cumberland stem one left!!

Aug 1, 2012
Beautiful pipe. You and Harris are winning me over to Rad PAD and that one is beyond good looking...making me desire a blast, who would've thought. I can't currently afford either Rad on his site but I might have to save up for one in the future.

Dec 24, 2012
I was working like a fiend today and missed the briar blues e-mail until this evening. I wanted the black one or the one you got Chris, so it looks like I'm SOL. Congrats on a wonderful pipe - a really distinctive Danish sense of style on that one.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations Chris on your new Rad. I hope you enjoy it for many years. Mike is excellent to deal with.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I don't like Bulldogs as a rule, but this is quite lovely, to my mind a modern take due to the longer amount of wood above the lines; and then too that shaping is adorned with that lovely double-contrast stain; and then too made by an artisan such as Mr; Davis whose work I find, almost always, alluring. Congratulations!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks guys. This will be my first Danish Bulldog sorta shape. I am really looking forward to this one! Thanks again Mike and Rad!

Status
Not open for further replies.