PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Finished re-doing this Brebbia nosewarmer in the "Mad Max Fashion" last night.I have never seen a pipe with so many factory fills before, along with tons of scratches, dents and the bowl being out of round I decided to do it to look beat up.I figured if Max had a pipe it would be small (for easy carrying}, beat up, dented, scratched and black with just a little flair to be noticed.So I left most of those characters and gave it some too. Unfortunately the hallmarks were very faint to begin with, so after the first run of Micro-mesh (even though I was careful to be easy) were pretty much gone so I just finished them off..I mean would Max advertise a brand anyway?
BrebbiaGo-Go3.jpg

BrebbiaGo-Go2.jpg

BrebbiaGo-Go.jpg

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
LOL..Thanks...Generally I try to actually restore these pipes but something just said "Screw it,it's already busted..embrace it, don't fix it". It does seem to be sound internally though.Can't wait to smoke it to see!!

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
I know it's not the same style, but it reminds me of Costner's pipe in "Hatfields and McCoys". Even though we never got a true, up close and personal shot of his pipe, I imagine it being a tad bit scratched up and abused. Your pipe has an antique, well-used look about it that I really dig.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Awesome!!That's what I was going for.When I got it, at a glance it was ish-nice, that's part of why I got it.After some research,aside of knowing Brebbia is a well thought of brand, I found that it is one of the better/higher resale pipes I've found for the price I paid.Although once I sat down to work on it I began to notice this and that...and that ..and so on.Since I had planned on keeping it anyway and the grain wasn't anything to mention especially with all the fills,this has worked out.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
NIce job. Hmm "Mad Max Fashion", point well taken. I think we all need a pipe for the coming apocalypse... :puffy:

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I like it. I'd let it roll around in a bowl of change or the tool box and gain even more character. My Go Go only has a couple tiny fills so I don't think I'll do the mad max treatment although it is tempting. It would look awsome pictured beside some shotgun shells :D

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
It turned out great! I'm a little surprised it has a lot of fills. My Brebbias seem to be in great shape and it is a very good brand. I bought a Brebbia go-go for a relative and it was a well made pipe. Either way that looks pretty good.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
I ave always thought. if it isn't goin classy, go primitive...I like beating up a pipe every once in a while. Get the dremel out and scar it up.. Looks good on your pipe.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Thanks guys,I finally just got a chance to smoke it, and Oh my god I love it.this is my first nosewarmer and for being so close it's so cool, smooth and compliments my favorite tobacco beautifully.I may have to get another one to shine up pretty for contrast,or a Brebbia Churchwarden to make Master-Blaster..lol

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
Outrageous! I find myself wanting an abused little street pipe to bring back to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.