PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2016
I've seen this stamping on a few differently-shaped Brebbias, alongside their respective shape numbers. Curious to know, I e-mailed them to find out, & here is what the owner said:
"Dear balkisobrains,

"186" was the name of a series of 6 shapes of very good quality pipes with the original Newyork Hamburger cumberland mouthpieces made in the 1986 .

This number is not to confuse with the shape number that in every shape is always positioned on the shank at the junction with the mouthpiece below.

Best regards

Luciano Buzzi

Pipe Brebbia Srl

via Piave 21

21020 Brebbia

Italy tel +390332770286

fax +390332770265

handy +393356090210

www.brebbiapipe.it

info@brebbiapipe.it"
So there you go, in case anyone has ever wondered.

Also, their website has been upgraded & is a lot better than before.

:puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You were lucky to connect with someone who knew. Institutional memory and general expertise are rare and beautiful things. Many such inquiries meet the great vortex of silence. Brebbia must be a thriving concern to have the information out there. It always gives me a thrill when I actually connect with someone who can answer a question.

Jun 27, 2016
I've asked a few questions over the past few years, & the owner usually gets back to me within a day or two with interesting answers. I'm not sure if anyone else besides him has answered my questions, pretty cool. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's those key people. Once they retire, move on, or depart life, the answers disappear with them. When people buy a business, they carry forward none of the culture and history. With rare exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.