Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeastronomer

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2012
Boston MA/ Bethlehem NH
Ok I know this sounds weird but I'll give it a go anyways....
In an attempt to keep my tinned tobacco moist, hence the ones I am smoking currently, I have been trying to figure on a way of making these last longer in the Tin rather than just empty them into a mason jar. Besides if I am opening such jars or tins once a week then what is the point in storing them in a jar or tin anyway?
SO..... I have been using the technique, which so far I don't see any drawbacks yet.
What I do is after I fill my pipe I take a breath and breathe a couple of  " fogging" breaths into the tin and then quickly re-seal it. This has seemed to keep the tobacco sufficiently moist and keeps them from drying out too much with the repeated openings and closings.
Has anyone else used this technique? Do you foresee any issues with doing said "fogging/ breathing" into the tin?
It just seemed intuitive to do this to maintain moisture, while not adding a lot of humidity into the container.
Any comments? Am I crazy? I just love the feel and look of a tin to fill my bowl. Seems much more sophisticated than feeding from a jar....

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Whatever works for you.
Just don't have a big meal of garlic pizza before you beathe into your tins lol.
Never heard of anyone performing that technique. I don't find the need to do this as I make my way down a tin.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
If you’re having problems with drying and jars, why don’t you get a sealed Rubbermaid container and put in a small humidifier jar. Keep your closed tins in there. That way it won’t add moisture, but stop it from losing it.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Yes, I'm crazy. And yes, I've breathed into my tins before. However, those little coin things work really well. Go with the coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.