PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
I was wondering if anyone uses breath mints after smoking, to "freshen up" or kill the "tobacco breath" that might be annoying to others?? If so, which ones do you prefer?
Rich Gottlieb

4noggins.com

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
My local B&M carries a breath mint line, can't remember what they're called but I keep meaning to grab a tin to try.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
To be truthful, i use orbit gum or a cough drop if my mouth becomes really dry.

magoo65

Lurker
Apr 10, 2013
At work I have a bottle of biotene to rinse with after a smoke. I also carry a small spray bottle of biotene and they make gum too that I carry with my smoke stuff.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Altoids for a short-term or immediate freshening up. Doesn't do much for the lingering scent in my beard and mustache, however - that requires my full tooth brushing/face washing/neti pot routine, which I'll often follow up with an Altoid or two for good measure. :D

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
For me the chief challange is with my clothes. My wife claims they reek! (Don't know what she is talking about)
:)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
My mints of choice are Altoids...

However; prevention is the way to go.

Hydration before, during, and after enjoying a bowl will greatly reduce"smoker's breath.

IMHO

:puffy:

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
Thanks guys. Nice to get your input.

The reason for this thread is that I've been selling Altoids and was wondering what some alternatives were.

According to Lawrence, I'll have to start selling water................
Cheers,
Rich

4noggins.com

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Rich I'm going to my local B&M tonight, I'll look in to see what they carry just for point of comparison.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, here's another suggestion. Cloves are inexpensive, mild, and in addition to being a breath freshener,

alternative medicine people have suggested (without scientific evidence perhaps) that they also help lower

triglyceride levels, which would be a good thing. Any of these breath freshers assumes otherwise good

dental hygien of course; no substitute for a toothbrush, etc. I use cloves one at a time; don't chew them

and don't swallow them. If you are into cooking (my wife is) a really small saffron tin makes a good

container, or I guess one of those pocket pill carriers. And cloves are way cheaper than alternatives.

wlfwalleye

Lurker
Jul 2, 2011
Meltzer's all natural Puremints are some of the best mints around. They are made with real herbs and pure mint oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.