PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phage74

Lurker
Jun 27, 2009
Yesterday, i discovered that i could smoke the "unsmokable" portion of a cigar (the last little bit when it starts to get too hot) in my pipe. This made the cigar last twice as long and was quite enjoyable. Also, the piece of the cigar in the pipe had a much stronger nicotine content than the cigar did. I believe this has to do with the cigar piece acting as a filter for the rest of the cigar and trapping nicotine, or possibly just the efficiency of the pipe's burning. Also, the moisture that collects in the last bit of the cigar makes it have a controlled burn.
I will continue to do this. I feel bad for all the cigar butts I have wasted in the past. I plan to weigh cigars soon to see if any exceed around 20 grams for a decent price. If so, i might start buying cigars just to tear them apart and smoke them in my pipe.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Check this guy out. He's pretty cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDOH6W1t7Yk

thecigarsoldier

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2010
Wisconsin
Cigar holders in the form of pipes have been around since the Victorian Era. Although Queen Victoria was opposed to tobacco, cigars were becoming the rage in Europe and America. Since meerschaum pipe smoking was already a popular past time, cigar smokers decided they also needed to have objects of distinction in the form of ornately carved cigar holders. Mainly designed specifically for the ‘cheroot’ shape of cigars, they fell out of fashion soon after World War I.

Check out the link for some great pictures.

http://www.pijpenkabinet.nl/Pijpenkabinet/I-E%20meerschuim.html

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Wow. That one is ahhh interesting. Just as well wear a sign that says I suck d**K.

thecigarsoldier

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2010
Wisconsin
I should have used a disclaimer: Don’t do what the guy in the video did!! I was just trying to point out the existence of cigar holders. Remember that at this time in history, it was a period of decadence for many so these over the top ornate holders were designed to rival the amazing works of art being turned out by meerschaum pipe makers.
Cigars (decent ones, not cheap machine made crap) are designed to hit what is called the sweet spot about 1/3 or so of the way into it. But cutting up a cigar, or cutting down a size to smoke it later, you have ruined the cigar. If you have already smoked the entire cigar then go ahead and finish it off (DO NOT BREAK IT UP OR UNWRAP IT) in your pipe. It looks cooler than a roach clip.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
When you cut of the ends save them up and make your own pipe/cigar blend .Now we know where the term Vienna sausage comes from .

Status
Not open for further replies.