Pipes Magazine » General Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 
[closed]

Breaking News From The BBC: 37 Day Poo Strike Yet To Prove Guilt In The End.

(59 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by mawnansmiff
  • Latest reply from jvnshr
  1. mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This guy must be in agony........but the movement of the law is notoriously slow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-43174862

Regards,

Jay.

...take up thy stethoscope and walk...
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just goes to show that there are still a few people out there who aren't going to take any crap...

Gunner, Black Frigate. Say "Hello" to my little friend!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. johnsteam86

johnsteam86

Login to Send PM

Had a guy do that when I worked at the jail over here. Needless to say this was only after two weeks and they had to do surgery to get it out. With this one being over 20 days they should have an ambulance outside cause this situation is going to turn out to be pretty Sh*%%^. Pun intended lol.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. brightleaf

brightleaf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Prosecutor Bob Rowlingson told the court: "He's in charge of his fate, he only has to co-operate with police"
    Mr Chambers was being kept in a normal prison cell with two police officers with him at all times
    Police officers were at court to get an extension to his time in custody.
    Lamarr Chambers, 24, of Villa Road in Brixton, is believed to have swallowed drugs during a police chase in Harlow, Essex, on 17 January
    He added that getting the suspected drugs Mr Chambers allegedly has inside him was the "cherry on the cake" and was not necessarily crucial evidence

So if a police officer in your country doesn't find drugs he only has to say that you must've swallowed them. Then they can keep you under constant supervised police custody for an unlimited amount of time, even though physical evidence isn't needed for the case. They say he is in charge of his own fate. What does it look like when someone is denied their freedom in your country?

POSSIBLY, contentment is not only the chief element of life, but also one of the very foundations of society. If this be so, then as Tobacco is the enemy of malice, friend of virtue, and a direct cause for content, its use should be encouraged. -J.W. Cundall 1901
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"What does it look like when someone is denied their freedom in your country?"

Steady on Brightleaf, let's not get too involved in personal freedoms in our respective countries....we each have our own laws and we only have to look at recent news to see where certain freedoms get certain people.

This post was not a political one so please refrain from making it so as is your wont....it was posted as a humorous story and nothing more. Please, don't make it into something it isn't.

Regards,

Jay.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. jazz

jazz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So if a police officer in your country doesn't find drugs he only has to say that you must've swallowed them. Then they can keep you under constant supervised police custody for an unlimited amount of time, even though physical evidence isn't needed for the case. They say he is in charge of his own fate. What does it look like when someone is denied their freedom in your country?

I see your point but considering you can go to prison in this once great country for upsetting someone on twitter a crook locked in a cell with gear up stuck his jacksy is the least of my concerns.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. brightleaf

brightleaf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What is funny about your story?
    I don't laugh at torturing people

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. jazz

jazz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What is funny about your story?
    I don't laugh at torturing people

What are you talking about? No one is torturing anyone. If this idiot does not want to squeeze one out because he knows he has a bag of whatever up his arse then that's on him.

If you think that's torture how do you react when someone steps on your toes fella?

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. jazz

jazz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oh, and just so you know, all our coppers wear cameras. If one of them said he swallowed something then it is likely on film.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. brightleaf

brightleaf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Holding someone against their will for eternity is torture. Convict him in court at least.
    I guess you would argue that a slave who is being whipped for not working is not being tortured. After all he only has to work to regain his freedom from oppression.

This guy must be in agony hahahahaha so funny

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

molach95

Login to Send PM

I met a really nice guy once who got caught up in drug dealing as a teenager. He told me how he had the stuff strapped to his leg inside his trousers and when the police searched him they insisted on pulling his trousers down, despite his warnings. When god-knows-how-many pills flew across the room like ripping open a bag of dried peas, he instinctively tried to bend down to help the officers pick them up. He still remembered the force with which they restrained him, like he'd tried to pull a knife, and he had to watch the coppers painstakingly picking up all the pills by hand while pinned to a wall. Unfortunately the charges stayed with him until his 30s, a real shame since I remember him as a really kind, genuine and hardworking guy.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Let's not get anal about this!

At the least, leave politics out of it, especially those who live in glass outhouses.

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. brightleaf

brightleaf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll leave politics out of it.

Poo ahahahahaha. Thanks for sharing the poo story

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. jazz

jazz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Holding someone against their will for eternity is torture

37 days vs eternity........it's not even close, is it?

The guy was seen swallowing the evidence. There is only one way to get it. Well, there is another way but that really would be torture wouldn't it?

Any pain he is in is of his own doing and he can end it any time he chooses.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. brightleaf

brightleaf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

37 days is the current time. They said they would keep him longer. Health issues didn't matter to them. They said if he died it was his fault.
    Ending the pain by giving the torturer what they want is the promise given to everyone.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEPxgyBIwgY

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. seacaptain

seacaptain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Here in America, we don't fool around with this nonsense.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/opinion/sunday/kristof-3-enemas-later-still-no-drugs.html

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. jazz

jazz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

37 days is the current time.

Correct

They said they would keep him longer.

Yes

Health issues didn't matter to them.

What are you on? Where did it say that? A report the magistrate read suggested there was no danger to his life. That's what it said. He is also being supervised by 2 officers 24/7 not just for gathering evidence but for his safety.

They said if he died it was his fault.

They didn't say that either. They said that his fate is in his own hands. It is. They are not going to let him die in his cell. This is the UK.

Ending the pain by giving the torturer what they want is the promise given to everyone.

This is not torture though is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEPxgyBIwgY

You must be bloody joking.

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. jazz

jazz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Here in America, we don't fool around with this nonsense.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/opinion/sunday/kristof-3-enemas-later-still-no-drugs.html

Crikey! You're not wrong

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. philairfoil

philairfoil

Login to Send PM

I dunno, all I could say to the guy is...

Does he think he is gonna get away with something?

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFAbHGAh7g

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 1 year ago #
  21. prairiedruid

prairiedruid

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hmmm in America could you plead the 5th by saying taking a crap would be testifying against yourself?

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I do not really care about people using drugs/drink so long as I am not required to subsidize them or otherwise be affected by their behavior.

This article is hard to read, because I cannot imagine going thirty-seven days with that bodily process interrupted. It does sound cruel, and like a bad health idea, to be honest.

I say get out the elbow gloves, end his misery, and then exile him to somewhere where he can do all the drugs he wants. Like Mexico.

"My own experience has been that the tools I need for my trade are paper, tobacco, food, and a little whiskey." -- William Faulkner

The Metal Mixtures
    Posted 1 year ago #
  23. philairfoil

philairfoil

Login to Send PM

[quote]Hmmm in America could you plead the 5th by saying taking a crap would be testifying against yourself?

Heh..who would take the testimony?

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Probably a large plastic evidence bucket.

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"What is funny about your story?
    I don't laugh at torturing people"

First off it is not my story. Secondly the only torture being committed is by the prisoner himself.

"Holding someone against their will for eternity is torture. Convict him in court at least."

Never heard of Guantanamo Brightleaf?

Regards,

Jay.

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. brightleaf

brightleaf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't pretend that our country is a beacon on a hill. I could easily post news article after news article about injustice, corruption and subversion in this country. I don't see this site as a place to post random news links to spread a non-pipe related political messages.

All of the writing on BBC comes from the mindset of a particular political clique. Would you want someone to post random FOX news links here everyday, and then suggest they are not being political?

Putting up BBC story after BBC story filled with politics and assuming it won't be discussed politically is naive. Without politics your post only leaves us to roll around in shit.

Posted 1 year ago #
  27. davet

davet

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. jazz

jazz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't pretend that our country is a beacon on a hill. I could easily post news article after news article about injustice, corruption and subversion in this country. I don't see this site as a place to post random news links to spread a non-pipe related political messages.

All of the writing on BBC comes from the mindset of a particular political clique. Would you want someone to post random FOX news links here everyday, and then suggest they are not being political?

Putting up BBC story after BBC story filled with politics and assuming it won't be discussed politically is naive. Without politics your post only leaves us to roll around in shit.

I bet you're fun to share an armrest with. Lighten up, fella.

It was simple and concise reporting of some facts from a criminal case posted in the "General Discussion" corner of the forum. Frankly, stories of stupidity like this are entertaining and good for a giggle. That was Jay's intention when he posted it. It was not political until you waded in with your axe in need of grinding. One can turn anything political if one chooses to.

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. brightleaf

brightleaf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The view of who is stupid in this case is subjective. Paying two officers 24 hours a day for this guy is a waste of money. Holding him for so long that he loses his job, house and gets behind of bills so that your government has to feed, house and pay his bills is stupid. I still don't see your news of intentionally harming a person as good for a giggle. People who believe the news and don't see their own political bias are blind. I guess you want this site to turn into the Drudge Report.

Posted 1 year ago #
  30. mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Brightleaf, I'd love to know what was political about the BBC news story I posted where some bonehead cemented his head in a microwave oven.

As Jazz says, you need to lighten up and stop politicizing every thread. If you are so against me posting such stories then just refrain from reading them.....quite simple really.

I repeat, this story was posted purely for its humour value and nothing else though sadly it is likely to be closed due to one person with a single track mind.

Regards,

Jay.

Posted 1 year ago #
  31. brightleaf

brightleaf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll continue to read them and expose their political point of view

Posted 1 year ago #
  32. jazz

jazz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I still don't see your news of intentionally harming a person as good for a giggle

You have comprehension issues. NO ONE is intentionally harming anyone. How about people being responsible for their own actions? It is HIS choice. He can drop one of the kids off at the pool WHENEVER he wants. The reason he has not is more than likely because he knows he is bang to rights guilty. It is not because a court has ordered he is never allowed to use a toilet again.

Even though turning threads political is against the forum rules.

Posted 1 year ago #
  33. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Jay has posted odd stories of interest on a regular basis and we have enjoyed them, or at least wondered over the oddness of them. None of it has been political.

Brightleaf, not everything is an affront to your world view. I used to do activist and organizing work. I do understand your mindset, but you must be able to switch it off occasionally, both for your benefit and that of those around you.

Have a little Molly Ivans: “So keep fighting for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't forget to have fun doin' it.”

You currently have hammer syndrome. (To a boy with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.)

Jay, thanks for the interesting, not political article.

(the other one)

Posted 1 year ago #
  34. kiel

Kiel

Login to Send PM

I enjoyed this article from BBC. Thanks for posting the link.

Posted 1 year ago #
  35. johnbarleycorn

johnbarleycorn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I enjoyed the op as usual. Did not enjoy the political rant that ensued as usual.

And little Sir John and the nut brown bowl proved the strongest man at last
    Posted 1 year ago #
  36. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Don't.

For both sake of etiquette, and the fact that it will get you banned from this site.

Posted 1 year ago #
  37. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When I was in Navy boot camp eons ago, a recruit in a different company died of an impacted bowel. presumably because he couldn't have a movement in the unpartitioned bathrooms of the barracks. I guess providing six minutes of privacy to recruits presents other problems, but I admit those days were not the best for my regularity either. LIkewise, shipboard. You do what you can do, when you can do it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  38. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Other than the gross delight of this story, I am somewhat concerned about the dude. 37 days? When does the body just shut down?

Posted 1 year ago #
  39. shanegreen

shanegreen

Login to Send PM

Deathmetal, you would be amazed...I think. I remember being backed up for weeks in boot camp. Adjusting to going when told, when given 20 minutes for shit, shower, and shave was difficult. There were no stalls, and a line sanding in front of you watching and telling you to hurry. The diet was much better than the nutraloaf one would eat in prison, which would alleviate some of the effort on this man's part. It was no fun. I know I did not go over 30 days. It was rough though. This was many years ago.

They're plum loco. All of them.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  40. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I remember being backed up for weeks in boot camp.

It's called trauma-induced programming. Kubrick made a movie about it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  41. midwestpipesmoker70

midwestpipesmoker70

Login to Send PM

Well, I made it halfway through the article and had to take a bathroom break. I started getting cramps just thinking about going that long between bowel movements, I guess I wouldn't make a good drug swallowing crook bwaahaahaahaa!

Nate
    Posted 1 year ago #
  42. shanegreen

shanegreen

Login to Send PM

Alright gents, back we go to the right direction. The cattle were stirred up by rustlers for a bit, now they have calmed down and we can get back to our pork and beans, full of fiber. Too many threads have been getting shut down I see.

There are many things poo and politics have in common other than staring with the letter p. Jay is a very nice guy as I can see, and he means no harm to anyone here. I may not agree with everything he might say in other threads, but he is nice to everyone so I see no point in arguing.

Posted 1 year ago #
  43. seacaptain

seacaptain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I remember being backed up for weeks in boot camp. Adjusting to going when told, when given 20 minutes for shit, shower, and shave was difficult. There were no stalls, and a line sanding in front of you watching and telling you to hurry.

That's what barracks fire watch was for - quiet uninterrupted bathroom time at 2AM. I never got used to the no stall thing.

Posted 1 year ago #
  44. shanegreen

shanegreen

Login to Send PM

I used the 2 am trick, and there would always be a few people hanging out because it was the only place to go with the lights on. I heard once that the salt peter wasn't working on one fellow, and he could be found taking care of other things at night shamelessly. I did manage to sneak some puffs on a hidden cigarette, which gave me a buzz and sent me running straight to the head.

Posted 1 year ago #
  45. mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Brightleaf, perhaps you should follow your own advice by filling your favourite bowl with your preferred leaf and refraining from being a thorn in the side of folks whilst putting your membership in jeopardy!

"Smoking does give me a chance to reset my perspective/emotions."

Regards,

Jay.

Posted 1 year ago #
  46. cranseiron

Cranse Iron

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I, too, enjoyed the op-- keep 'em comming, Jay.

Posted 1 year ago #
  47. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

The incarcerated gentleman is in essence saying "You ain't gettin' shit out of me!"

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 1 year ago #
  48. coyja

coyja

Login to Send PM

I remember being backed up for weeks in boot camp.

I forget the actual day count, but it was something like a good 6-7 weeks I didn't have a single movement in bootcamp.
    I wasn't even fat going in, but I weighed 149lbs of wiry muscle (and not much else) at graduation.

Posted 1 year ago #
  49. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldecaker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

During a police chase?

That's one of my pet peeves- "Oh, I don't want to get caught by the cops, so I'll put every innocent bystander in the vicinity in lethal danger." That's about the most selfish and callous thing a person can do. If, and I say IF, he did lead the police on a dangerous chase, then I don't give a damn if he busts a gut.

A man who serves his country is a patriot. A man who serves his government is an employee. The two are not always the same thing.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  50. shanegreen

shanegreen

Login to Send PM

Good one Jesse!Hehe.

Also, please excuse my grammatical mishaps lately. I am noticing these things a bit too late to edit. I will have to watch closer. I have some sticky keys on my laptop, and am feeling skittish about popping them off and cleaning.

Posted 1 year ago #
  51. seacaptain

seacaptain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Also, please excuse my grammatical mishaps lately. I am noticing these things a bit too late to edit. I will have to watch closer. I have some sticky keys on my laptop, and am feeling skittish about popping them off and cleaning.

Watch more closely.

Posted 1 year ago #
  52. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like the opening post, and some of the comments, but some others have just t.m.i.!

As posted earlier,

Let's not get anal about this!

Posted 1 year ago #
  53. shanegreen

shanegreen

Login to Send PM

Yes, yes sir you are correct! By the way, one of those peanuts you have been throwing just hit me in the eye!

Posted 1 year ago #
  54. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Are you referring to the sticky keys on your laptop??

Posted 1 year ago #
  55. shanegreen

shanegreen

Login to Send PM

No, the keys aren't throwing peanuts. I perhaps should have formerly addressed the peanut gallery, or also known as the Sea Captain. The term peanut gallery came from hecklers in the theater who would often throw peanuts at the performers. He knows why I am referring to him as the peanut gallery. I need a little more forum practice I suppose. All this explaining myself is..ahem.....giving me a frog in my throat. Or maybe it's another one of those peanuts.

Posted 1 year ago #
  56. brightleaf

brightleaf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

BBC Rebroadcasting station. Since when do they sponsor the site? I am not turning this political, just pointing out that the BBC is political. It is sheep fodder written at an elementary grade level. Is Jay the only one that is allowed to post stories from news sites? Or is it stories that make humans look stupid and in need of a socialist government that are allowed? Why not post a story that inspires confidence in mankind? Why do you have to bring down the human race? Why do you bring down this site?

Posted 1 year ago #
  57. mikethompson

mikethompson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Brightleaf, I hardly think Jay neither bringing down the human race nor this site.

Posted 1 year ago #
  58. brightleaf

brightleaf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you hardly think, it is no surprise. He argues politics in everyone elses threads but doesn't want to be challenged for his barrage of political posts. He is a BBC spammer.

Posted 1 year ago #
  59. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

Closing this one down. My advice to everyone: fill your favorite pipe with your favorite tobacco and let's talk about it.

Javan
    Posted 1 year ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   frankrem, mikethompson, kylef, tbradsim1, eddiegrob, morgansteele