PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
So I was reading reviews on moisture pouch buttons and one guy said that he soaked them in Brandy and put it in with his pipe tobacco. I was wondering if any of you do this or know someone that does. And if so, please do tell! What has it done for your smoking experience?

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
I agree. Although this sounds like it would be an interesting experiment with a small bit of tobacco and one of my cobs. Though I'm more of a rum guy. Hmm... I think I'd have a bit of a problem wasting the rum when I could just have a regular old smoke with a glass of Private stock. Lol that's sounds really good right about now!

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
I dont have any 'buttons' so I use a Savinelli balsa filter and soak it in whisky. I try to minimise the amount of physical contact between the filter and the tobacco. This might affect the flavour in the tin by a small amount but will burn off so quickly as to be un-noticeable. I certainly don't fill a pipe and think "This'll be Glenfiddich."

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Maybe I shouldn't mention that several times it has been the 18 year old Glenfiddich, not to mention JW Green Label! :) I would never adulterate my tobacco with anything I don't take pleasure in drinking. Also Mount Gay rum tends to work. I panic-buy sometimes, so my tins can need rehydrating at times. The DNR I got a few days ago seemed overly dry to me this time round, so I've put it in the top of a mason jar containing a GLP Va/Per, with the coins arranged like a tent with a spike of balsa in the middle, well-soaked in Dewars. In a few days I predict this will have returned the moisture adequately.

Water?

It's unScottish!

Status
Not open for further replies.