PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
So last week I got a look at three new pipes out of Ryan's shop. They were a Rhodesian and two Authors, a good friend picked up one of the Authors and I scored this Rhodesian. I am so stoked. It's right in my wheelhouse, and means that Ryan is the first carver from whom I've now acquired a Rhodesian and a Canadian. Now I have to do the same with Parks, Rad, Cooke, Gio, Cannoy and Teipen... Whew.
Anyway, here it is, a blasted Rhodesian with a Cumberland stem.

I should add that Ryan was, as always super easy goin and friendly, and awesome to deal with. I have more Alden pipes in my future.
-- Pat

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Oh man do I love a sexy Rhodesian. Congratulations Pat, that is an incredibly good looking pipe. Merry Christmas indeed.

May 31, 2012
Good Golly Miss Molly!
He done it up right good fersure,

great grab ya lucky duck!
I consider Alden to be one of the better USA sandblasters, and he's developed his own look with it, he just nails the gnarliness I love so much - how can it be both clean and chaotic?!?

I dunno, but he pulls it off.
I have more of Ryan's pipes in my bright future as well,

seeing your pipe just whets my appetite and makes me thirstier!
I should add that Ryan was, as always super easy goin and friendly, and awesome to deal with.

And no doubt about that - dudes got deep, strong, and resolute character, he's solid people.
Once he gets the new shop all set up he's gonna be blowin' lids off the whole joint!
Worldwide!
Massive!
Congrats on the new pipe Pat,

it's a good looker and I know it'll be a good smoker too!

:puffy:

May 31, 2012
That looks like really nice cumberland too,

do you see anything in the swirls?
The reason I ask is because I just thought of this thread,

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-northern-briar-scream
...I think it'd be cool to have a thread with people listing everything they see in their cumberland swirls!
:)

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I've only had one glass of Scotch, and am not particularly religious... So I'm not seeing anything in the swirls.
Yet.
-- Pat

May 31, 2012
In faith.
.troy
:mrgreen:
With hope that this image will stimulate your imaginative synapses!

:wink:

CAPO3.gif

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
It has been raining artisan pipes at Casa del Russell this week. These two wonderful burners arrived as congratulations presents (on Megan's birth) yesterday... I'm swimming in briar art.
Michael Parks Rusticated Bulldog

Bruce Weaver Blasted Dublin (saddle) --FWIW I fully expect this pipe to be the one that puts Troy on a north bound interstate in winter on a drive to Canada.

-- Pat

May 31, 2012
Very very nice!
That Parks has it goin' on, his shaping is always dead cert on the spot.
8O

Yowza, the Weaver is a blasticus maximus!
8O
Otherworldly good!
drooool
Love that contrast stain and the reddish color,

jawdropt.
Bruce Weaver Blasted Dublin (saddle) --FWIW I fully expect this pipe to be the one that puts Troy on a north bound interstate in winter on a drive to Canada.
Have I ever told you my Rainbow Bridge story?

I hope not, it's bad and horrible.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Everybody has a Rainbow Bridge story... None of them are good, some are horrible. Truly, only bad things happen in Niagara Falls.
-- Pat

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
That is record fast shipping from here to Canada ! I was afraid it would take the usual 2-3 weeks to get it to you.

Glad it arrived fast and you like it Sir!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Pat
Congrats on three beautiful pipes
I'm not an acrylic fan but that Parks black and white swirl is really striking!
The Weaver blast is excellent
All in all, I think you have had a great year.
Wait a minute----in which pipe are you going to smoke the Semois??
All the best

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You are having one hell of a December! That Alden pipe is magnificent, he really cuts a perfect Rhodesian. He's on my short list for another commission. That polished, beveled, inner bowl rim is a nice nod to Comoys.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Nicely done pal, when the hell are we finally gonna sit down for a smoke though? Enjoy pal and I'll see you soon.
Uncie Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.