PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I bought a lot of 8 pipes on ebay, they weren't well photographed or described.......kind of took a gamble if you will. 2 of the pipes are simply inscribed "Braddock". One 2000, one is 2001. Nice chunky, well made. Cumberland one is 80 grams, the other is 75grams. Some nice grain and Birdseye. One has a Cumberland military stem. Thought I'd share, and interested if any others here have any experience/knowledge of Mr. Braddock's pipes?

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
There is a link on pipedia.org for a Bill Braddock of Oklahoma City. His website is artsthatsmoke.tripod.com

I could not find a maker's mark pic there but there is a way to contact him listed.
Sammy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some fancy birdseye and good sturdy shapes there, and the stems well paired with the briar. The etched rather than stamped motif suggests a real home craftsman doing his work his way, and a good job of it. These craftsman illustrate that you don't have to be a household word online to make excellent pipes.

madcook

Lurker
May 17, 2016
Bill is an old acquaintance of mine. I don't have any current contact information though, searching for a way to contact him again actually brought me here. I'm happy to answer any questions I can about him and his pipes. Here's what I know from conversations with him:
He typically works with Italian briar turns his pipes by hand and it takes about a month for him to turn each one. He's been doing it for over 30 years now. He's a really nice guy and I've been smoking his pipes for a decade and they still perform really well. I particularly love the heft of the bowl as it sits in my hand.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Gorgeous pipes with stunning grain. I should imagine they wouldn't be cheap to buy new, especially so if it takes a whole month to produce a single pipe.
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.