PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
So I was at the St. Louis pipe show and bought this Teipen. At 5 1/4 inches it is a bit longer than the rest of my pipes but it was very attractive and the price was right so I could not resist.

teipen1-600x448.jpg

This is the lodge where the show was.

mason-600x448.jpg

My wife and I stayed at the union station hotel. It was not near the show but we stayed the weekend and had a nice time. The hotel is beautiful.

station-600x448.jpg

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Great pipe and thanks for the pics!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When in St. Louis, riding up the arch is an experience. The elevators are designed to ride up the curve, so they are like little ferris wheel chairs but enclosed. It reminded me of riding in a clothes dryer but with no spinning. The view is good but the windows narrow. The whole structure sways slightly in a strong wind.
That's a handsome pipe, elegant. The hotel looks pretty nice, grand. Looks like a good trip!

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
No I did not take any pictures on the floor. The offerings were mainly estate sales.
The pipe smokes great though.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Any more pictures of the show?

I found these on FaceBook

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10154499773564538&type=1%C2%A0

The show was packed shoulder to shoulder till about 3 when people started clearing out.

img_0710.jpg

I got in early Thursday and enjoyed my usual Hot Salami with Provel Cheese at Gioia's Deli. That late afternoon/evening we enjoyed smoke filled room with the gang and I took delivery of my only pipe of the weekend.
Friday we toured some of the local cigar shops where we were offered some great discounts. The club had a well attended reception/pre sale on Friday night with snacks and a generous open bar.
The show is much smaller than it was but it is always brings out the locals. I've never seen so much interest in Lane Ltd's table like there was Saturday. I guess it helps to have a fetching young lady in a black tank top to get grizzled old pipe collectors to line up for a sample!
The 2nd floor lounge was the place to be for a smoke and conversation in the comfort of vintage leather furniture.

The lodge is vintage, very comfortable and very unique!
Saturday night was another lively smoke filled room that didn't break up till the wee hours and we said our good nights and goodbyes till we meet again in Chicago.

My humble haul. 8O

img_0711.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.