PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

essy

Lurker
Sep 4, 2013
My first sav and unlined pipe bowl. How do I season it without ruining it? I probably smoke my other pipes hotter than I should.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
An unlined "raw wood" unlined bowl is best IMO. Just load 'er up and smoke it, sipping slowly. I'm in the camp that believes non-aromatic burley is best for breaking in a pipe.
+1 roth. Carter hall would be my tobacco of choice...

essy

Lurker
Sep 4, 2013
I don't have any of those unfortunately and my wife won't let me buy anymore until I smoke what I have! Lol
Here's what I have:

Erinmore flake

City Cigar Trafalgar Park

Peterson Sunset Breeze

Peterson Conisseurs Choice

Mr Bs maple vanilla and backwoods buttered rum blended

Blatter and blatter Executif blend

David's Blend Executive

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Congrats! I have a 320 Author myself. Had two, had to let one go. Load it as you would any other pipe on your rack and smoke slow.
I would "fluff and fold" that Erinmore Flake and smoke it slow. Don't rub it out fully, it increases the burn rate. Were it any other pipe shape, I would encourage you to breath smoke it the first few times, but clenching that chubby Author can be challenging and/or have negative effects on your stem.
Even though I broke one of my Petersons in with an aro ( Peterson Summertime 2013 ) , I would not advise it unless you plan to dedicate that pipe to that particular blend or similar. On top of that, the Peterson had a precarbed bowl .....

Status
Not open for further replies.