PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/rossi/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=267944
Sorry, I don't know how to post images. All this recent talk about the Sav 320 shape of which I was unfamiliar led me to purchase this Rossi version of it. Just love that chubby author shape and my goodness what a steal of a deal on the price. Now, that's something I can afford. :D

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Nice!
002-577-3581.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
I normally don't like rusticated pipes (my new Savinelli Noce 320 doesn't count because it's awesome and made to look like a walnut) especially when they're all black... but dang that's a nice looking pipe! You're going to love the way it smokes. Congratulations and enjoy the heck out of it! :clap:

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Ah woodsroad, you picked an author whose fame began and ended in Kansas with story set some 100 miles from me. Truman Capote was actually a rather diminutive man. Interviewed many years after the publication of In Cold Blood he rather famously and morosely said that he could not live without the killers he had written of who, of course, were executed. Can't actually recall any other executions in Kansas since then. But he really wrote next to nothing after that book and had been an alcohol and drug abuser for many years.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
The murders occurred in Holcombe, a town of less than 2000 people in western Kansas. You'd think the folks of that town in 1959 would have had a bit of trouble accepting a very effeminate, odd-speaking, New Yorker. But apparently they related to him well. He had spent a lot of time there interviewing in the process of writing that book.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
It seems that this shape has suddenly become more popular over the past couple of months ... And yes, the rossi 320 version is a very good smoker !

Jan 8, 2013
It seems that this shape has suddenly become more popular over the past couple of months
It has. I've been seeing it all over the Facebook groups. One person hears about it, how it's supposed to be a great smoker, buys it, raves about it being a great smoker, more people do the same, repeat. The 320 has basically gone viral. But it seems the shape very much is a great pipe, not because of the outer shape of the pipe of course, but actually the chamber I think. All I know for certain is that most of my pipes, luckily, are good smokers, but only a few smoke as well and deliver the flavor I get from complex blends such as balkans and english as I get from my 320s. And I don't believe I've ever heard of one not being a good smoker. It's a magic pipe.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Just finished a bowl of McC Top Hat.

If I was putting together a New Smoker box this pipe will be in it.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
It seems I've seldom seen author shaped pipes over the years and when I have they typically haven't really grabbed me. But, Anthony, you're quite right about the "viral" nature of this shape. It simply is the best rendition of this shape I've ever seen.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Congratulations! I'm sure you've already discovered that you like the feel of it in your hand. Very comforting.

Jan 8, 2013
Anthony, that's a nice avatar by the way. And great beard
Haha, thanks! I was so babyfaced in my old avatar with that monster of a Nording in my maw.
, Anthony, you're quite right about the "viral" nature of this shape. It simply is the best rendition of this shape I've ever seen.
It's weird, I never liked the shape from photos. I really only bought my first 320 because others were raving about how well they smoke more complex blends. Once it was in my hands I fell in love with the shape and the feel. They just weren't very photogenic, I suppose. Now, however, I can appreciate the photos more because I know what they look and feel like as opposed to just photos. They're a beautiful shape actually. And now I'm one of those guys raving about how well they smoke. I just finished a couple bowls in two of my Sav 320s tonight too :)
Andrew, yours is quite nice too! :puffy:
Irishearl, be sure you post and update when you receive and smoke yours. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.