PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I am an insomniac. I sleep maybe 3-4 hours a day, and that if I'm lucky which is why some of you may see me active on the forum at all hours of the day. Decided to do some more after Christmas cleanup, when my Christmas stocking fell to the floor with a "bang". I reached inside, and found a treasure that some she-elf had apparently hidden there, and forgotten about. Will have to thank her when she wakes for the tin of Pelican. Going to smoke some now. :puffy:
img_20171228_031853-337x600.jpg

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
It's pairing very well with a morning cup of Lapsang Souchong tea. Very wintery. :)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
If you can get by with little sleep, I consider that a blessing. More life. Cool stocking stuffer from a she-elf who knows you well, apparently.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Nice find... but that's not enough sleep my friend. A lot of research in the past 10+/- years demonstrates exactly why sleep is so important.
I had a similar problem. I couldn't sleep. The problem was eventually resolved my increasing my Dopamine levels. I take a nice dose of Wellbutrin each morning.
One side effect: Helps keep me in a great mood.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Now that's what I call the end to a perfect Christmas! Ah. Sleep is a conundrum. Too much is supposed to be hard on your heart, all that horizontal pumping. Too little has many potential problems. Individuals have widely different needs physically and/or psychologically. I felt lucky my family had some respect for sleep, didn't drag everyone out of bed before dawn. Sometimes when people drink too much or work too hard, it is because they have been taught to refuse to go to sleep when their body tells them to. Both my wives (I was a widower, now remarried) were/are night owls more than larks (early risers), so comparatively I'm the early riser, though no crack-of-dawn guy either. I go to bed a little later than I'd like, but try to average eight hours sleep, which is comfortable for me. What your physiological needs are, what your wants are, what your body will let you do, what your family allows -- so many factors. Sleep clinics can help, but they also tend to see and diagnose what they know how to treat. I think it takes some research and searching to find help if you feel you need it. My sister had sleep problems, so she started a pre-dawn literary career, and a commendable bibliography.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Didn't have the heart to tell her I have several tins, but wandering how and where she found it.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Not tried that tobacco, let us know what you think about it.
To me it is an Oriental/Virginia forward blend with the latakia in the background, which is where I like it, grassy, sour/sweet with just a touch of leather. I really like this one. The smoke has a full palpable texture that one can chew while smoking, and no drying was required as the tin moisture is perfect.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
You and yours as well Jeffrey. And Santa's helper that visited you with that Ardor is quite the thoughtful little elf as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.