Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:   

Boswell Country Side

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I like to lighten up a little when I'm walking in the mountains. Odyssey and North Woods are my standard fare, however
    Country Side, while still English, Is perfect for an all day smoke, I know this is not a typical review but I don't
    really know how to do that. It is delicious and very satisfying. Not a hint of bite or any unpleasantries.

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. hilojohnny

hilojohnny

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your succinct review, Trees....I've also found CountrySide to be a most enjoyable smoke....

Live Aloha!
    Posted 8 years ago #
  3. my19

my19

Login to Send PM

I got a very nice little Boswell pipe this week and with it a sample of Countryside. I have to say I'm very impressed with both. I'm returning to a pipe after a long, long time away. It might not be as easy as getting on a bike again after a long absence, but starting up again felt very natural. And the Countryside was great. I'd mostly smoked Virginia blends before and never really got into the English blends. But this one grabbed me.

The scent reminded me a bit of lapsang souchong, a nicely smoked black tea, which I love (though folks in my family describe it as 'burning firehose.') So I just smoke the Countryside outside. Still trying to sort out the flavors, but it was nice and smooth, no tongue bite, with a great balance.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. unclearthur

unclearthur

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Looks like another to add to my ever growing list.

If at first you don't succeed you are running about average.
    Posted 8 years ago #
  5. bubbadreier

Bubba

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think I need to make another Boswell order!

Mason jars and bale top jars, mason jars and bale top jars.... that is all!

"There’s truth in the statement that pipe tobacco will never be any less expensive than it is today, so think of your cellar as a cost averaged investment" - G.L. Pease
    Posted 8 years ago #
  6. fatman

fatman

Login to Send PM

For some crazed reason, I find that Boswells t'baccy go beter in one of JM's pipes.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. sjpipesmoker

sjpipesmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I ordered a bunch of Boswell tobacco (1 oz) to sample...I like Spice and Nice, Northwoods (thanks to Salam for turning me on to this) but I think my fav is that Raspberry Cream...It taste soooo good and the raspberry flavor is sweet and fruity. I'm smoking about 90% english but the Raspbery cream gets me all the time...

I also have 2 boswell pipes, 1 has a broken stem that I need to send in for a repair, and the other is sitting in the box it came with...for some strange reason I don't want to dirty a new pipe???

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

I'll have to give Countryside a whirl. I like Northwoods too. Picked up my first Boswell earlier this week, a plateau freehand, what a great smoker!

Al

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. ivan08

ivan08

Login to Send PM

My favorite Boswell blend is Christmas Cookie and Boswell Premium Burley! I need to order Countryside to try it!!

Posted 8 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   danimalia, ashdigger, mrslaughter, craig61a, cdmjr, jaytex969, georged