PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohn

Lurker
Aug 17, 2014
My wife told me she has an event mid morning tomorrow so I will be there. Probably not until 11, but if anyone is still around make sure you say hello! My screen name is descriptive, as Big John is 6'6" and 300lbs, I am hard to miss!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I had a grand time today, hanging out with some folks at Boswells. I don't think Big John made it.
10690307_960206457342039_6828910636637772010_n.jpg

10644847_1017343964948265_270410261084046145_n.jpg

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
I was trying to make it but events here at home would not permit my attendance. Looks like a good time. Maybe next time.
Dave :puffy:

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo Dave/puffd - likewise on fambly stuff getting in front of a Boswell road trip. We ought to combine forces. Maybe even combine a puff-in with some ffishing on Falling Springs or Big Spring. Depending on time of year, staying O/N to catch the evening hatch could be the best way to do it.
hp

les

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Thanks for sharing the photos of your get together. Next weekend we are having our Kaywoodie event in Upstate NY. I'll try to get some photos to share.

Nothing better than having a rendezvous with fellow pipe smokers.

Al, were you really Made in England???? LOL

Andy

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
les, yes puff 'n fish (or fish 'n puff) would be a fun time! Let's see what we can work out in '15! Happy puffin',
Dave

bigjohn

Lurker
Aug 17, 2014
I did make it down eventually, Dan and JM let me know I missed the crowd. I work one day a week as an EMT. About 5 minutes before I got off, we had a cardiac arrest come in. After working the guy for almost 1/2 hour, I had to call it. In these cases I have to wait for the coroner to show up. I made it down around 1:30 and stayed until close. No new pipes for me, but I found the first Virginia I really enjoy. Stokkebye Bulls Eye Flake is wonderful! I am puffing away on some now eyeing up my two new tins of Escudo.
Sorry I missed you guys, I hope to catch up with the group next time around. I did get to harass B1-Bob in the store though. I love getting the old fella worked up!

bigjohn

Lurker
Aug 17, 2014
Looking at the photos, it looks like another big fellow showed up. His beard and stache are much more impressive than mine however ;-)

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
It is fantastic that you guys are close enough to pop off to so many events back there. I envy you. Glad everyone had a good time.
No new pipes for me, but I found the first Virginia I really enjoy. Stokkebye Bulls Eye Flake is wonderful! I am puffing away on some now eyeing up my two new tins of Escudo.
Big John, after trying several ounces of SBEF at a local B&C I put some several pounds of it and some other Virginia's in the cellar. Gooooood! :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.