PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

reverendsasquatch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Lancaster PA
Anyone headin' out to J.M. Boswell's on Saturday (the 10th) for their customer appreciation day? Got the word from my wife that I'm good to go AND that I'm good to purchase a new pipe. New deeming regs even have her a little skittish (as a non-pipe smoker), and she wants me to buy another Boswells "while you can" (I think they'll end up being just fine, but who am I to argue with the wife!?)
I don't buy a lot of new pipes. Supporting a family of 5 on a pastoral intern's salary doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room, but there's room for this. I'll be at Boswell's around 10:00am.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
You might try to stock up on some of their great house blends too. Never know if they will be around now that the FDA has lowered the boom!
Plugugly

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I may shoot up for a short time (from Hagerstown, MD, 25 min South). I have a new restaurant opening event that evening, so I can't stay long.

reverendsasquatch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Lancaster PA
I'll be there around 10:00am. Planned on doing some fly fishing in the Cumberland Valley afterwards, but 90 degrees....even the sasquatch has his limits.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I have a prior committment (comedy gig) for the 10th in Chillicothe, OH so I won't be able to attend.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
@lifesizedhobbit - are you a fan or a comedian?
Comedian; right now, mostly part-time much like people play guitar for weddings. While I have been paid for numerous gigs, my living comes from a corporate job.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
rev', it sounds like you deserve it, and have a wise wife who knows it. 'Hope you find a pipe of your dreams at a good price.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Oh and Rev-Squatch - have a great time and if you can post any pics that would be great.
Thanks!

reverendsasquatch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Lancaster PA
So I have this problem where I tend to get caught up in the moment, and end up not thinking about taking pictures...so I'm terribly sorry. I have no pictures!
The day was great. I got there about 10:30am and the store was hoping. Les Trout and some new friends from the Philly Pipe Club found me almost immediately. I bought a new pipe, talked tobacco w/ Dan Boswell, Les introduced me to another pipe smoking fly fisherman who may be joining our PA fly fishing ranks very soon (he's newer to the area), and then we spent a few hours upstairs talking, smoking, passing around blends, and enjoying the food and atmosphere. It was great to hang out in a shop where I knew next to nobody and leave feeling like I knew everybody!
My good laptop is in Apple-Care right now, but when I get it back, I'll post pics of the new pipe. It's a beauty, as are all Boswells. Dan did tell me that JM was running a similar event at the new store out near Raystown (Alexandria?). He told me he hasn't heard anything from him all day, which was a good sign that they were busy as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.