PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
Hi Guys,

I want to eventually try some of the Boswell blends. What are "must try" blends that they sell.

I like both aromatics and latakia blends and am interested in the recommendations that anyone has.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Northwoods is your must try English blend

Christmas Cookie is your must try aromatic
But I would recommend calling Dan up there and have him put together some 1 ounce or 2 ounce sampler bags that contain, Sweet Tea, Bear Blend, Boswell's Best, Hunter's Choice, and Mild English.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Hobie is right....have them put together a number of small "samplers"....as far as english is concerned, Magnum blend is my personal favorite and as far as the aromatics go, I think Sweet & Mild is really nice (I wish they'd change the name.).... :laughat:

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
I talked to Boswell's and ordered all of the suggested tobaccos plus a couple more.

They should come to me on Tuesday. I am looking forward to that day!

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I just pulled the trigger on 3 oz each of:

Bear Blend

Northwoods

Christmas Cookie
Cant wait!

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
Christmas Cookie and Sweet Tea. So yummy. I need a job so I can get some more

thbg

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2011
I smoke BB pretty regularly. It is like 1Q, but has more bolder, defined flavor and burns much drier and cooler.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Man Northwoods is awesome! I really enjoy latakia blends and this is the only blend with the leaf that does not bite me at all. Very smooth.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Reviving this one. When I received my pipes from the Free Pipes Project that Dave is running, he also sent me a couple different ounces of some of Boswell's tobacco. I like them both a lot and have been thinking about buying more. Have any of you tried their stuff and have any recommendations?

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Holy Necro-Thread!
The original advice stills stands 7 years hence. Boswell's does aromatics well and their Northwoods and Countryside are well regarded English blends. Northwoods is a heavier Lat blend of the two... Another blend worth checking out is their Premium Burley if you enjoy mild burley blends (think Uhle's 00 or Carter Hall).

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
+1 on Northwoods (became my winter smoke last year). I have a small tin of Countryside I need to pop.
I'm a few hours drive from their original location in PA, happened to make it once while passing through to OH. Great experience, wish I could have stayed all morning and chatted up the other pipers and staff. They're doing it right!

mnewb1

Might Stick Around
May 9, 2018
Northwoods and Countryside are staples for me at this point and I really like bear blend...I don't smoker aromatics as much and I have the aromatic sampler from them and really only have tried bear and Boswell's best so far.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Okay, you've sold me. In addition to some other items I want to pick up, I might just get a few ounces of each of Northwoods and Countryside. Their pipes don't seem to be priced too badly either. It's poking at my PAD really bad while trying to get my TAD fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.