PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skunk

Lurker
Oct 21, 2012
Hi all,
Due to recent events I am now unable to purchase "Boswell's Best" tobacco from Boswell's. Does anyone have suggestions for a close substitute/replacement tobacco?
thanks

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
What "event" would this be? Perhaps there's a way to get it from his shop still.

Dec 24, 2012
Just ridiculous. Boswell could get a credit card processor if he wants. 4Noggins and SP and countless other online retailers don't have the same issue with their credit card processors. I am sure he is a great guy, but he's living in a bygone era if he thinks many folks are going to be mailing in cheques or sending him money orders. I am surprised he hasn't eschewed e-mail in favour of carrier pigeons.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I don't see the recent change in ordering practices from Boswell as a personal catastrophic life-changing event. I mailed him a check about two weeks ago and had my tobacco in hand in less than a week. I still have a checkbook, I haven't forgotten how to write and I remember how to get to the post office. Whatever.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I've read their approach to the situation. I find it a bit puzzling, but I'm not a shop owner so I'm not going to say what's best for them.
But I know the vendors that get my repeat business are the ones that make it the easiest on me. For me that means competitive prices, a strong web presence with clear pictures with detailed information of all their stock, easy transactions, and what I consider fair shipping and proper packaging.
Some of the "bigger" vendors have their issues too. There's sponsors that don't have gift certificate or paypal options along with other various issues.
I've dealt with the Boswells once via the store and once via ebay with Rachel. Great folks. I just find this debit card issue to be another minus in the things I look for in a vendor.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
wonder why if he does PayPal for his eBy store he won't take it at his shop?
Additionally, will be listing pipes on our Ebay store under gb586.

For customers who enjoy the convenience of Ebay, these Boswell pipes will be listed

using the BUY NOW feature.

Please click the website below,

this will take you

directly to Boswell's eBay page.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I will never understand a business that makes it inconvenient to do business with them. They are cutting off their nose to spite their face and it just is not a smart thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.