PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
First, many thanks to Smokeybear who hooked me up with a generous sample of this tobacco when he came down to our last club night. Very generous bro.
I haven't smoked an aromatic since I kicked off pipe smoking in 1993 with my B&M's house version of a cherry cavendish. So this was my first foray back into fruity territory.
The aroma on the tobacco is enticing, very red-fruit forward with brown sugar notes, and the underlying sweet nutty character of the burley. The ribbon cut on the tobacco made this a very easy bowl to load, tamp and light, and it was an easy burner. I smoked this tobacco nightly for the six nights I was camping in Northern Ontario last week, and found it a very mild smoke, with the berry and sugar promised in the aroma only delivering in the back end of the flavour and on the top of the palate. My wife, who loves the room note on the Balkan and English blends I smoke more regularly, was initially pleased with the room note, but she quickly tired of it. It reminded me of some of a fruity perfume, or potpourri.
All in all, I enjoyed the Berry Cobbler as a pleasant diversion from my normal tobacco, but was VERY happy to dive back into a bowl of Peretti's Oriental #40 to 'cleanse' my taste-buds afterwards.
-- Pat

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
good desert baccy, I always will have some in stock, like Molto Dolce. (did I spell it right?)

juptierspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2013
Illinois
Berry cobbler is a decent blend from Boswell. I currently have J.M.'s Christmas Cookie,Boswell's Best,Pennsailvina Dutch Treat and Raspberry Cream in my rotation. I know I've said this before but I'm saying it again if your an aro fan do yourself a favor and give H&H Manor Heights a try. IMHO best aromatic there is hands down! :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.