PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I'm headed there at the end of October and I'm an adventurous smoker when it comes to new blends. What are your favorites? Any must try's?

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
My favorite so far is Pipers Pleasure (3.5 rated). Pennsylvania Dutch Treat (another 3.5) for a great mild Cherry. And, Northwoods (3.6 rated) for a good bulk English.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
It is my favorite place. Awesome customer service and a real pipe shop. My three favorite blends are Northwoods, Railroad and Dan s Blend. Northwoods is pretty awesome and Railroad a close second. For a great Virginia Dan's Blend is a great smoke.

Jun 4, 2014
A great shop as others have said Northwoods and Railroad are great blends. For aromatic blends I'm partial to their Bear Blend. If you have a sweet tooth and there Berry Cobbler is also good.

uneek

Might Stick Around
Sep 8, 2016
I recently purchased an aromatic sampler that came with 8, one ounce bags containing many of the blends mentioned. My favorite Boswell's is Berry Cobbler and Christmas Cookie. Smoking some right now.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You will love the shop and those are good recommendations.
Let me know when you are arriving. I'm about 20 minutes South in Maryland, perhaps I could drop by. (or set up a forum meet,if you come on a Saturday).

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Pennsylvania Dutch Treat and Berry Cobbler are by far my favorite Boswell blends. I tried Christmas Cookie but it was too mild and I didn't get much taste from it. It was like smoking air.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
I'm not that far away either and I love the thought of a Saturday forum meet. If you decide on a date let me know. I am always looking for a reason to make a trip to Boswell's.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
If he still makes it, "Pom Holiday" was my favorite Boswell aro for YEARS!!! (pomegranate!!) It strangely worked wonderfully and was unique!

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
Countryside is my light English favorite. Wonderful pipes, and really nice people there.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I'll be heading by sometime on Monday morning October 24. Thanks for all the great suggestions. Northwoods certainly sounds good to me and so does Dan's blend.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Love the Boswells. They are just an outstanding pipe retail company, hands down.
I just ordered and received one of JM's "nose warmers." It's a smallish bent. With the pipe order, I also put in a bit of TAD with Boswell's Best and Countryside (a really good English).
They included in the order a one ounce sample of Pom Holiday. Note to jerwynn: I had never tried Pom Holiday until the sample arrived. My goodness this is good, and I'm not what you call a real aro man.
Some of the best folks and pipes and tobaccos on the planet.

thatshychef

Lurker
Aug 31, 2016
Pretty much all of Boswell's house blends are wonderful. Northwoods is a must. Boswell's Best and Piper's Pleasure are excellent as well. However, I strongly suggest that you bring at least ten pennies... you'll understand once you arrive. :)

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Trip was a success! Loved the shop! Really wish I lived closer than I do but will certainly visit again. I was able to sample a few blends and needed up taking 4 of their blends home plus some Irish Flake. Next time I'll budget to buy a pipe too. Of their blends I picked up 4oz of Northwoods, Piper's Pleasure, and one they don't advertise. That one is a VaPer that is absolutely delicious. Red Va and very nice perique are very balanced. It is sweet and plum like. I also picked up 2oz of Vanilla Cream because I didn't have any Vanillas in my routine. Highly recommend a visit to this great shop!
1FBD062E-A68E-4EDA-B91C-2E80E81E63F9_zpszw53t1c7.jpg

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
By the way if you call you can ask for the VaPer. Archie, the guy working the shop, said he and Dan wanted to call it Sir Archibald's VaPer, but JM shot it down as too high-class of a name. Also met JM, real gentleman and super nice. I think of the whole experience the people working the shop made the visit all the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.