PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Ok. The PAD from Boswell Pipes was just too overwhelming. When I learn how, I will add in some photos, but let me explain. The pipe is what J.M. calls his Large Fat Rustic Apple. He describes the pipe texture thusly: "Chip Carved Texture is rusticated by hand the old world way, with a wood chisel. Every gouge-cut has to be right. It takes time to learn the control necessary to do this, and a lot of actual hands-on experience. Our rusticated pipes give you a more confident grip, if you are having difficulty with your hands."
The chubby apple design has JM's signature Midnight finish, and the one thing that just turned me into jelly, what the Italians call "thunderbolt" love. The butterscotch saddle bit. It is a gorgeous creamy, dark blonde. All of JM's pipes feature the "full draw which will allow for fuller, richer smoke."
Now for the tale of the tape:
Weight: 2-3/4 oz. or 77 grams

Height of bowl: 1-3/4"

Tobacco chamber diameter: 7/8"

Length: shy of 5-5/8"
Not only that, I received two one-ounz packets of "Hunter's Choice," and JM's "Premium Burley." Both are top-notch with my tastebuds.
And, get this, the Boswells are the finest people you could possibly hope to deal with. The little lady on the phone was so kind and understanding when I began babbling like a runaway nutjob trying to get my senses to connect to my tongue over this beautiful pipe. She laughed along with me and said my pipe would be to me in a couple of days.
Right on target, the black and blonde beauty showed up. I did my usual honey in the bowl treatment (no need with a Boswell pipe, but it is force of habit) and packed in ever so slowly some of the burley. By the time I got it packed just right, I stopped a moment and looked at the scene. My mouth began watering. My hands were sweaty.
Fellow pipe smokers, I was in what we call in the South, hog heaven.
I have several very expensive pipes. The Boswell (I own three more) are every bit as good, and smoke right from the beginning.
If I knew how to add photos, I would post them as well. Maybe one of you fellas can tell me how it is done. I'd love to show off my black/blonde beauty.
Selah

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. Boswell pipes sell very quickly. I have checked their website and all the pipes I like are already sold.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Flmason: Boy, are you right. I would give you my secret, but then, you would just probably beat me to it. Hint: give 'em a call a day or so ahead and find out if JM and Dan are making anything you might like. It works.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats and welcome to the forum tennsmoker. The Boswell people are great - and from your description - the pipe sounds like a stunner!

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Welcome to the forum teensmoker, the Boswell sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to the pics. I love my Boswell smooth poker, although I don't smoke it enough.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Congrats. I hope someday to purchase a Boswell myself and I hear their tobacco's are top notch(I'm hoping to order some in the near future). Also I hope maybe next summer to swing by their shop in PA.

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
Think this is the one
RusticApplesp.jpg

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
mctrav: You got it, brother. That's my black/blonde beauty. Thanks a heap for posting. I'm just not savvy enough to get all the technical stuff down. I'm a word man. At this stage of my life, I'm sort of like Tom Cruise, jumping up and down and shouting: "I love that pipe!"
Mucho thanks again, mctrav for posting my newest Boswell. I'm telling you guys, you gotta try 'em. They are just the best folks, they have great tobacco (they hand blend, they say), and their pipes are priced right. They smoke out of this world.
Did I say I'm hooked!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is a sharp looking Boswell tenn! I definitely want to make it up to their shop someday. Those folks are great!

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
I recently acquired a modified Hatfield pipe from Boswells and is one of my favs. Great tobacco too! I've only tried Boswells best, pipers pleasure and pa dutch..all good. Oh and Tennsmoker that's a great looking pipe.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I have been buying pipes and tobacco from them for more than 20 years . they are the most kind and outstanding people you could ever know or talk to. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.