Tags:  No tags yet. 

Boswell Pipes

(10 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by dulgunz
  • Latest reply from tennsmoker
  1. dulgunz

dulgunz

Login to Send PM

I have noticed that Boswell pipes sell like hotcakes when they are released every Tuesday and you have to be quick if you want one. I have also noticed that there are many estate Boswell pipes coming out recently. So my question is: Are these pipes not good smokers? Or when one does purchases a Boswell pipe, they are not what they expected in size (too large)?

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Don't know about the pipes but Boswell's English and other blends are great

Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. dulgunz

dulgunz

Login to Send PM

Pagan, I will try the Boswell blends as soon as I get done trying through all the Peretti blends

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. thesmokindragon

thesmokindragon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have 4 Boswells, they are all outstanding smokers

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. lifesizehobbit

lifesizehobbit

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have three and love them all. But like anything, I choose styles, etc. I like.

Dave "Black Frigate Stowaway"
    Posted 2 years ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

gmjabsky

Login to Send PM

I've got two, they are fine smokers. I mostly enjoy the as local (to me) craftsmen products that look nice and work well. The family runs the shop and are really nice, knowledgeable folk.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. ravkesef

ravkesef

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have five Boswell pipes; they're great smokers, and the tobaccos are top of the heap. Last June I took a trip to that neck of the woods, and met up with those I had only spoken with on the phone. As soon as I identified myself, the light of recognition came on in their eyes, and I felt as if I was visiting old friends. Of course I bought another pipe. As for seeing Boswell estates for sale, I've seen lots of Dunhill estates on the market, and they make a pretty good pipe. Don't let the estate market scare you off. They make great pipes, and you'll be a happy smoker when you get your first Boswell.

Eric
    Posted 2 years ago #
  8. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have about 25 Boswell pipes right now. Do they smoke great YES! I have noticed that you will see them in spurts on places like Ebay. Sometimes there are 2, sometimes 10. I personally think this is because like you mentioned they go quick on Tuesdays. You don't get alot of time to really look and think about it. You have to buy fast or they are gone. I have resold a few that were either new or lightly smoked. Not because they were bad pipes, but because too large, too small, etc.

John
    Posted 2 years ago #
  9. reverendsasquatch

reverendsasquatch

Login to Send PM

I have 2 Boswells and smoke them often. Love them. As noted above, the number of estates isn't necessarily indicative of their quality. Online you gotta jump on them, but making a trip to the store (well worth it!) will provide you with many options!

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”-C.S. Lewis
    Posted 2 years ago #
  10. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I own a dozen or more Boswells. They are just plain marvelous smokers from the get-go.
    J.M. has been making pipes for a long time and he sources his briar from a top Italian supplier.
    His son, Dan, has an incredible technique with old style tools to create his “weathered stone look.”
    I’m just saying, the Boswells are wonderful folks to deal with, they create a great smoking instrument, at a decent price. What’s not to like.
    And, yes, you have to be fast, because these pipes move.
    No, I don’t own stock in Boswells Pipes, unless you call more than a dozen Boswell pipes stock.

The past is never dead. It's not even past--Requiem for a Nun
    Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   charf, sparrowhawk, mityahicks