PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Early, boys and girls. I'll be gone until January 3rd, leaving Wednesday for two weeks visiting family from my mom's side this time in the Philippines. I'm taking my wife, son, and mom with me. Not sure I'll find any pipe tobacco over there, but Filipino Cigars are known to be very good.
Anyhow, will miss you guys, but will think of you as I smoke a bowl in Manila. Now to decide what 250 grams to bring with me. I think some straight Virginia will be good in the humidity, along with some burley, but I'll bring some strong dark flake just in case. Have long layovers, but luckily you can smoke in most Asian airports.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Have a safe and happy trip.
We will miss you.
And, Bryan, they have Internet in the Phillipines, so you can check in and tell us what it is like to be warm. Just sayin'.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
bryanf said:

"... Filipino Cigars are known to be very good."
well, if it weren't for bad luck, I might have no luck at all ... the only Filipino cigars I ever tried (at the recommendation of a friend) were real crap ... due to that bad experience, I've never explored other options from the Philippines ... after you get back, maybe you could give us the rundown on which cigars are which over there.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Safe passage. That is beautiful country, all those islands, all that coast. Great food as well. Be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.