PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I'm not sure if you guys have heard, but the Boston Marathon has been bombed at the finish line.
At least 28 are dead, 65 wounded.
There were four bombs; 2 went off, 1 the police diffused, and the other didn't go off.
So far, no knowledge of who did this.
My wife called me on the phone-we are in NY, she is in NYC midtown. Police everywhere.
What a tragedy

Dec 24, 2012
A friend was in the race but has texted me that he is fine. I am very sorry that others weren't so lucky.
I can't wait until they find the scum-sucking maggots responsible for this. I just wish they were in a state where they would get the needle (or worse).

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The lateset I heard was 3 dead but that's still too many. Our financial manager saw one of the blasts then high-tailed it home. The insanity continues.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Allan, I don't know where you got your info but there was only two killed at this time and 100 injured. Too soon to get accurate info. Everything is in flux. These figures are likely to change frequently. Say prayers.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
What a tragedy, to purposely target an area where you know lots of people will be is very sinister.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
The sad thing is, besides the loss of life and injuries, is that no one has a clue yet who did it and now everyone is being blamed for it. We would all assume, given past history, that it could be an Islamic terrorist. However it only took a short time for so called news to come out that it was a "government conspiracy" or the "right" is responsible. I am sick up to here with how political people are surrounding a tragedy such as this. People that do things such as that are only aiding and abetting the scum who actually did this. Report the facts and not your insipid bias. :x Sorry for the rant.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I'm sorry-the info I received was from my wife who called me right after it happened-the reports mentioned the amount killed and wounded
In the panic, the info was skewed.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Attacks like this are inhumane and uncivilized. Hurtin innocent people is not the way to accomplish something. My heart goes out to those who lost friends and loved ones as well as those who will have to live with this for the rest of their lives.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I will say a prayer for the family and friends of those people who have been killed injured. I hope the people responsible can be caught and receive swift justice.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very interesting eye-witness report here with interview:
UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs Were at Start, Finish Lines for “Drill”
Excerpt:
University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.
“They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about,” Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.”
http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopular/story/UM-Coach-Bomb-Sniffing-Dogs-Were-at-Start-Finish/BrirjAzFPUKKN8z6eSDJEA.cspx

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My first cousin was in the race and he checked in to say he was ok. I am assuming that his kids and girlfriend are also ok or I would have heard differently. Luckily he is not that fast and I guess his kids were not at finish line.
My prayers go out to the people who were killed and injured. Who ever is responsible I am confident our government will find them and bring them to justice.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
I'm sorry-the info I received was from my wife who called me right after it happened-the reports mentioned the amount killed and wounded
In the panic, the info was skewed.
It's ok allan I understand friend.

Wellington

Dec 31, 2012
Words can't describe the horror of this and attacks like this. I want to say unbelievable, but the horrific thing is it is believable. What a world we live in that these things happen on a somewhat regular basis. Absolutely saddening.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Outrageous. Cowardly. Disgusting. Find the perps & met out swift justice. The police & FBI will have their hands full. But I have confidence that given the evidence they'll be able to reconstruct the case, and working backwards will eventually catch the perps. It's either home grown or from outside. Lone wolf seems unlikely given the number of separate bombs, their sequential timing, etc. Points to a group not a single individual. Blasts caused lower extremity damage. Perhaps in daypacks placed on the ground. Given the number of unclaimed daypacks strewn about. Hard to believe the police didn't first screen the area before the race. With dogs. Indicates bombs placed during the crowding. Be interesting to see how this unfolds. But what's sure is that the heat is on to close the case. Godspeed.

gisboro

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
I find this disturbing on so many levels. Why these people resort to this kind of mindless and unjustified murder is beyond me. Very sad news indeed, prayers to all involved.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Tragic for victims, families and us all. I think there's a lot of evidence to sift and I hope

and believe they'll have the perps in hand within weeks, maybe days. Just a lot of hard

work reviewing all that video, still photos, explosives evidence, etc. Fortunately, there

are folks who live to untangle this kind of horror. I wouldn't want them on my tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.