PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I just discovered upon checking my Visa account with my credit union that someone has made a charge to vegassmokes.com in FL for $57.50. That would be the last place I would order anything as I recall not long back having such a hassle with them and now a charge shows up for nearly the same price as the first and last order I made with them.
After several nasty email to them I finally got my order before and told them I wouldn't be ordering anything from them again...now this. Someone has screwed up somewhere. I called the credit union and they're looking into it since vegassmokes was paid for that first order two months ago. Oddly enough, it's the same amount of money my first order was so, I don't know what's going on. They've got a call into vegassmokes and hopefully they'll all get it strait today. I'm suppose to get a call back from the c.u. today. Never, ever deal with vegassmokes.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
This happened to me once before in 2002. It was an online order from a clothing company that billed me twice and insisted they collect on me. They even filed a flag on my credit report that took over a year to get rid of.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I just got a call from the c.u. and it seems I have to once again dispute charges and close that card out and get another number or according to them vegassmokes can do this again...bastards.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I've never been burned with any online purchases to date but after our vacation last year my girlfriend was hit with fraudulent charges placed on both her VISA and debit card...
I'm pretty watchful about it - always have been - but it can happen to anyone. Especially if you are honestly dealing with a place that turns out to be unscrupulous.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
0I've been burned 3-4 times. This time I don't know if someone got hold of the card and made a purchase from them or whether they did it themselves, running my card through again for the same amount and possible the same order that they've already been paid for two months ago. I was advised by the c.u. to dispute the charges Monday since it was a bogus charge either way.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I'll have to go to the c.u. Monday and fill out all that paper work for a fraud report explaining what happened and that it was a fraudulent charge and on what day, sign my name five times, etc. I've been through it before and it is a pain.
From what the c.u. told me this place is suppose to be under new management. That's a joke as they're as bad as the ones before them. They moved from NV to FL some time back or so that's what's on the report.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
colcolt, what a pain in the ass. I would have told vegas smokes they have 10 minutes to issue you a credit or you are going to file a fraud charge with the attorney general in your state. Plus I would go on every pipe BB and tell anyone who will listen that vegas smokes are thieves and no one should do business with them. It is obvious you did not order anything by the fact that the charge is the exact same. Everyone needs to be warned that this company steals your credit card info and uses it whenever they please.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
It had to have been them and not someone who swiped the card number to do as they pleased since the amount was the exact sum, down to the penny, from the first and last order I made with them two months ago. The didn't respond to the c.u. who called them this afternoon. She said she got an answering machine and left word as to who she was and what she was calling about. I told her if she hadn't heard from them by 10:00 Monday morning to let me know. I'm still going to the c.u. Monday and file the report and looks like I'll have to get another card to keep them from doing this again. Be assured the FL BBB is going to hear about this. I'm going to see what I can do to take it further than just having my credit card company lose money having to credit my account because of them. They're shysters and need to be put out of business.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Credit card. I wouldn't use a debit card over the Internet. That's an open invitation to getting your checking account depleted.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I've switched to using PayPal for all everything I can over the net and only Amex for Amazon.. Amex when I travel. Merchants don't like getting calls from Amex and Amex has always sided with me. I've disputed several charges and have never had to get a different card issued. If you are ever going to use a fly fishing guide around Twin Bridges, MT.. PM me first!

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Colcolt - Suggest you go to myfloridalegal.com/consumer. That is the Florida Attorney General website for reporting situations like yours. BBB is okay. It is a non-profit organization and has no legal standing. It's a good bet that if it's happening to you, it's happening to others who have done business with them. Good luck. - bob

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Well, your credit union has automatic charge back rights since a card was not present at the point of sale. It sucks you have to change your card number though, always a pita. With all the crap going on with vegassmokes, it would not surprise me if it was done on purpose.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
That's a good suggestion, bobpnm. I'll be looking into that. They need to be stopped permanently. Any organization that treats customers like that doesn't need to be in business.
It would have had to be done on purpose. It's too ironic that my original purchase of $57.50 a couple months ago would match the current charge with the same amount of money. The charge shown on my statement today was also $57.50. I hope my c.u. can find out just what that money was suppose to have bought. If it's the same merchandise, I'll know it was on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.