PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
After spending 6 days poolside on a cruise ship I now have a new contempt for the human body.
For the safety of the pool watching public there should be body scanners placed at the entrance of cruise ship pools, because watching grossly, overweight people, pressed tightly into skimpy bathing suits is a stress beyond any torture I know.
The body scanners could have a maximum size allowable to enter the pool.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People outside the U.S. know you're an American just because of weight. A third of us are overweight or obese,

but the rest of us carry those extra ten or fifteen pounds (at least) that signal we eat too much, drink too much,

and walk and exercise too little. Now the fat epidemic is reaching China and India and places it has never been

before. It doesn't even take poolside. Many are conspicuous just walking down the street.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
"And to think that they all were men, just 6 months ago!"
So which one is you? [:)]
I'm the one on the upper right, although this photo is a year old, so I'm now blonde and more Asian looking.
Untitled1-vi.jpg

I'm having some work done next week that will make me look a little more Inuit and about 5 inches taller.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
The worst thing on the cruises are the AARP set. If you are over 50 no one wants to see you with your shirt off and God help the bikini wearing grannies. I mean pale, saggy, hairy, liver spotted Grandpas shouldn't even be allowed to take cruises.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
I went on one cruise and I felt like I should get out my B/P cuff and medication cart and start doing my nursing rounds .... I was the youngest guy by 30 years. Apparently the " cold water " routes have the most senior guests. No pool action on the nordic cruises .

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
What a bunch of prudes! I can't wait till I am saggy enough to walk around in a Speedo on the beach all day and old enough that I don't care. I'll be sure to take lots of selfies and post them here. :nana:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
My body scanners are highly mobile and I'm never without them. They are in use constantly and even have a sophisticated, built-in program which can read the scan and provides me an unerringly correct numerical rating. The images are constantly refreshed and viewed in 3D.
The only problem I have had with them over the years is that alcohol seems to have an effect on the acuteness of the images. I sometimes have over ridden the system, usually to my dismay in the morning when reviewing the latest ratings. Many of the finest images seem to have degraded over the years. Others, with low ratings seem to persist forever as if they were recorded yesterday.
Unfortunately my scanners are way out of warranty and repairs can be costly.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Simple solution - don't hang out by the pool if you don't want to see actual people using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.