PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpftc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2016
I just discovered this fantastic tobacco! I would highly recommend it.

Dec 28, 2015
Have not tried Bobs chocolate flake but have tried SG mayors chocolate flake and it is definitely fantastic. If you can get the moisture right it is unbelievable.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Yup, it's a good one. Right now I have a tin of SG choc flake open and have been enjoying that immensely. I don't know which I like better, probably depends on the day. Enjoy!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I like Bob's Chocolate Flake better than the Kendal Mayor's. Have a tin in rotation now. Never thought Tonquin and chocolate would be so tasty!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I hated Bob's Chocolate Flake for many years, I think it's because when I first started smoking a pipe I was in love with English blends but I also was very concerned about the aroma my pipe was putting off, so I was determined to find a crossover blend and BCF kept being referred. When I tried it for the first time it tasted like someone sprayed it down with perfume and it just didn't seem to go well with the cocoa flavoring, that and I couldn't taste the Latakia at all. Now that I'm more experienced I decided to revisit it and now I absolutely love it! I definitely wouldn't recommend it to a newer smoker cause of the subtleties but I have recently fell in love with all of Gawith, Hoggarth & Co's blends, the tobacco's they use is unparalleled in today's market.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I just invested in 2oz of BCF and have to confess am not too enamoured by it.
It's a swine to light and keep lit despite much airing time.
Hugely overrated baccy methinks.
Regards,
Jay.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Bobs Choclate flake is one of the few Lakeland blends that I enjoy from time to time. It is very unique and has its own pipe because of the topping. If smoked slowly it takes on a chocolate custard type taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.