PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
I was watching some clips.Forgot about the bass player smoking a pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCTJeT2i9QU&feature=youtu.be
Edit: Moved to General Discussion, changed link to YouTube so it will be embedded. L

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
V13EOwkBVn05ipjerU56RZ71o1_500.jpg

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
:) That brought a smile to my face! Love the Blues Brothers and Booker T and the MGs. I drive Mrs Withnail round the bend by pointing out every time a Booker T tune is used in the background of some TV show. There are a couple of series that seem to love them as most episodes seem to contain at least one great old tune.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
Dan Ackroyd and John Candy . . . Canada Rocks
I try and balance Ackroyd and Candy against Justin Bieber and Celine Dion...but, I still say Canada owes us something. :lol:

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Totally random here, but there was this movie I saw years ago called The Coca-Cola Kid, starring Eric Roberts, about this Coke executive in Australia...it's an odd film. Anyway, I was flipping through Netflix the other day and saw it was available for streaming. So, I watched a bit of it for nostalgia sake and there was a scene with another executive smoking a pipe in the beginning. I was going to run upstairs to get my wife and point it out to her, but quickly realized she might not share my wild enthusiasm.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I try and balance Ackroyd and Candy against Justin Bieber and Celine Dion...but, I still say Canada owes us something. [:lol:]
Will Arnette

Jim Carrey

Tommy Chong

Tom Green

Phil Hartman

Toby Hargrave

Eugene Levy

Norm McDonald

Howie Mandel

Lorne Michaels

Rick Morannis (sp?)

Mike Myers

Leslie Neilson

Ryan Renolds

Seth Rogan

Will Sasso

Martin Short

Dave Thomas

Scott Thompson

Mary Walsh

and countless others; not to mention quality programming like The Kids in the Hall, SCTV, Red Green, The Trailer Park Boys, a goodly chunk of SNL back when it was actually funny, etc... Really, if you think about it, its very odd that a county of barely more than 34 million plays such a large role in shaping humour in a county of 300 million plus. But I digress; J.B. and she who shall not be named are actually Canada's retribution for disco and sitcoms.
Now Nickleback, on the otherhand...we'll be sending you maple syrup and hockey sticks for years to come to make up for that tripe. Sorry! :P

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
:rofl: :rofl: I shoot left handed!

Nickleback LOL no kidding give it a rest already.

schmitzbitz I am just as sorry about disco I will send corn on the cob and shotguns.

By the way Trailer park boys is one of my favs, watch it with my teenage sons.

antipodesman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2011
Vancouver Island
Hey Hobie, I wasn't trying to belittle John Belushi, just recognizing our contribution to this classic. As for Justin Beiber I guess the kiddies need their hero too.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Now Nickleback, on the otherhand...we'll be sending you maple syrup and hockey sticks for years to come to make up for that tripe. Sorry!
It's ok, you made up for it with Emmanuelle Vaugier

vondutch68

Lurker
Nov 12, 2011
Donald Dunn and Steve Cropper are two amazing musicians. I have been playing guitar for 20+ years and I am influenced by their playing to this day.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Schmitz
You really have to take Seth Rogan, Will Sasso and Martin Short of your Pro Canada list. They are non-funny funny men. Martin Short alone is a good reason for birth control post pregnancy. Norm McDonald on the other hand...I can still listen to Norm on Dennis Miller youtubes and laugh like its the first time I am hearing it. He is simply a brilliant writer of comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.