PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
After breaking one of my junk pipes, oops, work pipes, I paid for another "work pipe" from off ebay, Blue Ridge trumpet shape pipe for $25.00. Looks okay, I never heard of this name. Any information would be appreciated. I only have 30 "work Pipes", adding one more just incase I get busy!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The "Blue Ridge" was sold by Grabow in the mid 80's. They had a promotion going then called the "Blue Ridge Smokers Collection" or some such. Some of the pipes in the collection were made by Grabow and some were imported by Mastercraft from Europe. Several blends of tabacco were also offered. I have a PDF file of a brochure along with hand written notes on it about the Blue Ridge promotion. I also have an unsmoked Blue Ridge with the price sticker attached-- $45.00. Luther Marlowe was one of the two carvers who made the handmade Dr. Grabow "Unique". Only 500 were made.

blue-ridge-snip-1-600x426.jpg

blue-ridge-snip-2-600x417.jpg

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The pipes stamped Blue Ridge were made in Sparta by Grabow. They are copies of Alpha shapes.This is one I sold a while back.

blue-ridge-bulldog-2014-12-13-001-1280x646-600x302.jpg

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
ejames -- I forgot to ask you, the Blue Ridge pipes, did they have a filter? And other than the ones you owned, have you seen many? Thank you again for your wealth of info.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Blue Ridge pipes have a conventional push stem--no filter or stinger that I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.