Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Unbelievably, it's been 16 years since Blue Planet, the BBC's brilliant oceanic nature series but the sequel has been more than worth the wait so far. I'm not sure how widely known this was/is outside of the UK but it's everything the BBC does best and having watched 3 episodes I'm very much looking forward to the remaining 4.
It's simply awe-inspiring and even though there is the small 5-10 minute section at the end of each episode which gives away some of the hows I'm simply dumbfounded by how they have managed to capture what they have in such unbelievably clear high definition. I promise you have never seen our oceans quite like this before. Of course, this would not be complete without David Attenborough. The man has an unmatched gift for informed delivery and you can't help but "get" just how much he cares about the subject matter.
I hate to come across all gushing and hyperbolic but I honestly believe it is the most spectacular thing I have seen on a television and I can't recommend it enough. It's been worth the TV license fee all on its own and for my money, television simply does not get better than this. Do yourself a favour and give it a watch when it airs in your locale.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
"I'm not sure how widely known this was/is outside of the UK"
BBC is pretty well known in the states. I've seen every Attenborough program there is, all great.

Status
Not open for further replies.