PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
I have been experimenting with non-aromatics as of late. I just smoked my first bowl of Penzance and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. That says a lot coming from a diehard aro guy and I am sure all 8 ounces will be savored eventually. A couple days ago I tried Blue Mountain and I like it even more than Penzance. I gotta say, 30 minutes after the Penzance, I feel very relaxed and the wonderful flavor lingering in my mouth has me putting off eating dinner. Based on these initial impressions, do you think I would enjoy Black House even more? Not sure if I want to stock up on Blue Mountain or introduce Black House into the fold.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Considering that Black House and Blue Mountain are both riffs on Sobranie 759, I would say that a tin of BH wouldn't go astray...
Penzance was not my favourite English but I look forward to reevaluating it with a little age. I haven't had the others.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I like penzance and black house. BH is a bit 'spicier' in my opinion. Both have there differences, both a good. Never tried blue mountain though. Maybe i shall someday

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
+1 hawk60ce

Penzance to me is more complex than Black House. Black House is more straight forward with a pepper kick to it. That's my personal experience. I can't say a lot about Penzance right now because I just smoked my first bowl today. Penzance does seem to be more mild, and sweeter. Again, that's just my personal experience with it.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
When I tried penzance I didn't really like it, that was when I had only smoked for about two months and seeing the baccy's great reputation I can almost guarantee the fault lied with me. With that being said BH and penzance are very different tastes but the people who enjoy one tend to enjoy the other :) while your at it pick up Larry's blend from pipesandcigars.com, they have there Tina on sale right now and I think everything in stock is 20% off right now but that sale might be over.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I agree with guitarguy that Penzance is more complex than Black House. I like Blue Mountain more than BH, myself.
I know a lot of guys here really like BH, but I don't see what the fuss is about. It's not bad, but I don't consider it any better than C&D's Star of the East, for example. I'll smoke BH if it comes my way, but I am not rushing off to buy any more. I'll buy Larry's Blend before I buy Black House.
That being said,give BH a try - it may be right down your alley.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks for all of the replies. Kind of what I expected but needed a little reinforcement. I read a lot about Larry's Blend but never really considered trying it. From suggestions in this thread it is now on the list along with BH. Tempted to make two orders from two different places but I have a hunch that P&C will be stocking some of the sold out H&H blends later this week...

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I like all 3 alot but I really like P&C's Magnum Opus. I think it is a fuller bodied smoke and you would not be disappointed with it. Good luck.

Aug 14, 2012
Blue Mountain and Blackhouse are completely different tasting blends. Personally, I liked Bl. Mount. when I first tried it, then hated it after that. It has what to me is a metallic taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.