PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Apparently McClelland changed the name of Blue Mountain to Balkan Blue. But my question is why? Blue Mountain seemed a nice name in my opinion. I certainly hope they didn't change the blend any as it is one I thoroughly enjoy.

drlpipe

Lurker
Jan 6, 2012
http://www.mcclellandtobacco.com/page-1717896
It was a trademark issue according to that

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
It's understandable. There's a Blue Mountain near me and I'm sure there was pressure from other vectors. The easy way to avoid litigation is to change the name. It's still a great blend by any name.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Perhaps it was the Jamaican grown coffee? At least that is what Blue Mountain always makes me think of.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I was told the name change was due to the coffee but I don't know if that's completely true. I enjoy coffee but I'm not big into it, and I never heard of Blue Mountain coffee until the apparent name change. Heck, until I saw the webpage I didn't even know there was a card company called Blue Mountain. So stupid really when you think of it. There are lots of company's and products that have the same name. Its one thing if it was a similar product, but its completely different. Oh well.
Blue Mountain (tobacco) is one of my favorite blends. I still have a few un-opened tins of Blue Mountain and several other empty tins. It will still be Blue Mountain to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.