PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I've got a conference to go to this week in Bloomington Indiana and besides Briar and Burley are their any other shops to hit? I'm stuck car pooling in a city vehicle so between that and the conference I don't have a ton of time.
I'm not really in need of a new pipe but any recommendations on house blends would be great. I tend to smoke Va/Pers regularly and am starting to explore Balkans but I'm open to anything.
Thanks in advance.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
The Briar and the Burley is the only real pipe shop in Bloomington, there are cheap tobacco shops but only one Pipe shop. If you've never been, then you're in for a treat. It is a very well stocked shop, with hundreds of pipes from $50.00 to $1,000.00+, the tobacco selection is outstanding and the staff are very knowledgeable about pipes and tobaccos.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Update:
I was able to slip away for just a few minutes but this was a great shop. I only wish I had more time. I ended up picking up some Peter Heinrich Special Curly and some of their house Balkan. They had more Meers in their shop then most pipe shops have pipes.
I'm still working through my first bowl of the Special Curly but it starts out nice and sweet with a light fruit taste. About 1/2 through the bowl the perique gets a little more forward and the Virginia's almost get a spice like taste to them. It seems to handle relights really well.
In fact the spice taste....it almost like candied ginger. Looking forward to future bowls.
Great shop. Nice staff. I only wish it wasn't three and a half hours away.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Hey Irish. I'm up in South Bend. I head to Indy about once every few months but otherwise I don't go down south too often. Where are you at?

Status
Not open for further replies.